UNICEF is the leading United Nations organization for children. We are now seeking committed and hardworking candidates, who enjoy working with our stellar team of creative minds and passionately motivated staff to support our work on promoting partnerships and South-South Cooperation between China and countries in Africa and Asia for the benefit of the most disadvantaged children.
- Monitor and analyse current and emerging issues related to China’s investment in developing countries, particularly Africa
- Work with developing, reviewing and proposing new policies and practices on South-South Cooperation
- Facilitate inter and intra-regional activities aiming at promoting best practices in South-South and triangular cooperation
- Explore opportunities of joint collaboration in supporting child programmes in developing countries
- Build and maintain close relations with the Government, civil society, NGOs, private sector, development banks, and academic institutions to promote and implement South-South Cooperation activities
- Explore opportunities with relevant government entities for potential programmes for children in developing countries
- Assess programme results together with Chinese Government’s funding and implementing agencies and entities
- Master’s level university degree in Development studies, Social Policy, Social Sciences, Programme/Project Management, Business Administration or other relevant field
- At least two to five years of professional working experience in international development or programme/project development at the national and international level
- Field experience in Africa and/or Asia highly desirable
- Strong advocacy and partnership building skills
- Experience working with the UN or other international development organization is an asset
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
Do you have?
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
If so, you are invited to apply to join a team that works tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of children. A competitive salary and conditions come with this position (Click here). Due to gender balance requirements, male applicants are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications including a Cover Letter and a CV/resume shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506224. The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 August.