Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, the Admin Assistant/Receptionist provides administrative services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Admin Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The administrative works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects staff in UNDP China office and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementation of operational strategies
• Management of Reception Desk service and updating UNDP contact list
• Provision of administrative support services
• Dispatching transportation and administrative support services
1. Ensure implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Support to the UNDP China office administrative business processes mapping
• Implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) in administration.
2. Ensure the management of Reception Desk and staff contact list updated focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Act as the Receptionist, monitor all incoming visitors to the office, and ensure all visitors are attended by host agency/staff member.
• Operate and manage the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
• Regularly check and test telephone system and ensure it operates smoothly
• Manage and distribute entrance access control card for all new personnel working in the compound; Maintain a good records of its usage
• Be familiar with relevant websites and effective use of Internet, provide accurate UN/UNDP related information to requestors.
• Maintain and update the UN/UNDP publications at the reception area.
• Management of UN/UNDP gift shop
• Management of office cell-phone
• Update the UN compound telephone list and UNDP staff mobile phone list.
• Manage and plan lunch duty service at the Reception Desk.
3. Ensure the provision of administrative support services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Process admin-budget related payment requests including office rental, electricity, heating, security guard service, garbage collection, drinking water, mobiles and etc.
• Act as a custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required and keeping a log of such distribution.
• Manage micro purchases of office related supplies
• Provide administrative support as requested by the supervisor, such as translation of simple documents, prepare routine correspondence and collection of information.
• Provide event and conferencing support services
• Assist office renovation and construction
• Support the arrangements of service provided to other UN agencies and maintain record on cost-recovery
• Act as the secretary of the regular Operations Team meeting
• Make hotel reservations for visiting UN/UNDP officials
• Conduct DSA survey as requested by ICSC
• Make arrangement of airport pick up as required. Meet higher officials at the airport and provide support of customs procedures and expedite check – in if necessary
• Be responsible for annual subscription
• Arrange and handle courier services
• Provide administrative advice and support to international staff on their installation upon arrival such as handling of shipment of personal effects, vehicle registration, apartment searching and etc
• Arrange customs clearance for official related shipment and purchases from duty free shop
4. Ensure proper dispatching transportation service focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Supervise all drivers and guide them in the routine work
• Arrange vehicle transportation for UN/UNDP staff and VIPs as requested.
• Check and record vehicle daily log and gas consumption.
• Update and maintain vehicle history report.
• Apply for local driver’s license and car license plate for international staff
• Knowledge on diplomatic and protocol matters
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Strong learning abilities and applies newly acquired skills
• Good communications skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Willing to shares knowledge and experience
• Good IT skills
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
• At least Secondary education preferably with certification in administration, University Degree in Public or Business Administration would be desirable.
• 2 years of relevant experience in administration and reception service
• Demonstrates strong sense of responsibilities and confidentially
• Fluency in English and Chinese