Columbia Global Centers | Beijing is seeking highly qualified and motivated talents for the position of Communications Officer. Start ASAP full-time.
Work with the Center Director and communications team at Columbia Global Centers in New York to develop overall communications and outreach strategy for the Beijing Center;
· Develop and maintain the Columbia Global Centers | Beijing website and social media platforms, including the following: Engage in daily review and update of content for the Center’s news and multimedia content and calendar listing for the website and social media platforms, including WeChat and others; Write and edit the Center’s online and offline content, including curating photographs and video materials for online and marketing collateral
· Coordinate and develop content about the Columbia Global Centers | Beijing including e-newsletters, brochures, presentations, press releases, and other communications materials;
· Develop creative promotional materials for the Center’s programs and events;
· Manage local media relations and its various social networks including building/maintaining media lists; Maintaining visibility among targeted audiences by assisting in stakeholder engagement through social media and other vehicles;
· Liaise with Columbia Global Centers | New York for monthly communications calls and network activities;
· Oversee special projects as assigned and performing other related duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree or a Columbia degree preferred;
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in Chinese and English, particularly in web and social media communications
· Demonstrated understanding of the technical concepts involved in implementing web communications
· Demonstrated understanding of web technologies, including familiarity with html design, Photoshop, InDesign, and other related tools.
Haidian District, Beijing
Required Application Materials
Resume or CV
How to Apply
To apply for this job, applicants should send the above documents in an email titled “Name-Position-Major” to email@example.com. After reviewing applications, we will arrange interviews with competitive candidates.
Columbia Global Centers | Beijing was established in March 2009 as one of the first in the network of Columbia Global Centers. As an official administration of the University in China, the Center’s major programmatic themes include Arts, Culture & History; Engineering & Applied Science; Urban Planning & Public Health; Environment & Sustainability; and Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
The Center runs an active public events program of lectures, seminars, and panel discussions, featuring Columbia faculty and local experts on diverse topics. The Center hosts various student programs throughout the year to engage Columbia undergraduate and graduate students, young scholars, and alumni in China and to provide exchange opportunities, including pre-departure orientation for new students, CU community social gatherings, and study program workshops. The Center also supports alumni with their academic exchange and social gathering activities.