More job ads can be found in http://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English.
Greenpeace East Asia
Job title: Communications Officer
Valid from: 27 March 2014
Job grade: 3
Reports to: Communications & Action Unit Head
Line manages: N/A
Overall purpose of the job
The Communications Officer is responsible for working with Greenpeace East Asia’s project teams in developing and implementing effective multi-platform communications plans to fulfill campaign and organizational goals. This position requires strong specialized skills and experiences in communicationsrelated area, including knowledge of news industry, creating and pitching compelling stories, networking with traditional and new media, and utilizing tools and best practices to enhance Greenpeace’s ability on news making and building public support.
The position works under the direction of the Head of Communications & Action Unit. The position demonstrates considerable independence and initiative, and provides leadership for the planning, development and implementation of communications strategies, plans, and procedures. Decisions made by the position significantly impact the success of the project activities. Discretion is exercised in handling confidential and sensitive information.
The position provides direction and guidance to external consultants and temporary staff, as required.
The position prepares, monitors and controls expenses and budget.
Major functions / responsibilities
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
– Plan, coordinate and execute cohesive, creative and effective communications strategies to increase visibility of Greenpeace campaigns in traditional and new media, and enhance public support and alignment to our issues.
– Develop and implement promotion plans to increase Greenpeace’s presence in digital media in order to increase brand recognition of Greenpeace, inspire public to support Greenpeace and its campaigns;create qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators for digital marketing plans.
– Contribute to the development of campaign plans and activities, so that communications strategies are embedded in campaigning plans.
– Act as Greenpeace spokesperson as required.
– Be the key contact for other Greenpeace offices on communications issues. Communicate with other Greenpeace offices and units to ensure an overview of global communications strategies and consistency on global, regional and national level.
– Write and, in some cases, initiate press releases and background information for news industry. Contribute to the creation of visuals and compelling stories to support communications plans and activities.
– Prepare and organize press conferences. Handle press enquiries. Prepares press materials and publications when needed.
– Work with agencies, designers and IT experts to produce content, creative tools and database that are required by the multi-platform communications plans.
– Provide communications evaluations on activities and projects from both media and public engagement perspectives.
– Build up and maintain traditional and new media contact database.
– Collect and analyze research information related to web trends, digital marketing and user experience etc,to ensure that Greenpeace operates in parallel with ongoing developments within the digital industry in China and globally.
– Proactively provide communications-related input on the future direction of campaigns; seek and recommend communications opportunities.
Support/ Coaching/ Leadership
– Help co-ordinate timing of events to prevent conflict.
– Promote support within Greenpeace to advance campaign goals. Work with other teammates to organize actions, activities and other events when needed.
– Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other organizational matters. Prepare materials as required.
Compliance/ Keeping Framework Conditions
– Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
– Work closely with the CAT management and communications team to ensure coherence of public messaging.
– Build and maintain a sound general knowledge of all Greenpeace campaigns and issues, in order to be capable of responding to general press and public inquiries.
– Oversee professional management of the Greenpeace image collection, copyrights and other creative assets.
– Professionalism, in particular – Professionalism, in particular knowledge of traditional media, social media and online
– Interpersonal relationship
– Knowledge sharing
– Values diversity
– Fluency in written and spoken native language
– Fluency in written and spoken English
– Work under pressure
– Ability to evaluate and assess
– Project management
– Knowledge and understanding of the NGO sector
– Decision making
– Planning & Organizing
– Planning & Organizing
– Ability to work across a variety of issues, under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities and to
– Ability to keep calm and work effectively under pressure.
Specific Work Environment
– Be on call after hours and on weekends as requested.
– The position may be required to work under pressure and in physically or mentally challenging
– The position works in a standard office environment, and is required to travel to other Greenpeace
This position’s salary range is from RMB 8000-10000/month.
The salary is evaluated based on relevant working experience.
HOW TO APPLY
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.Interested parties, please visit http://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/ and submit your cover letter to explain your motivation and resume to apply the position. Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized. All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.