– To provide leadership and supervision for Communications function of World Vision China
– To support National Resources Development Department on related fund-raising activities
– To co-ordinate with the Regional Office and implement the new initiatives of World Vision Partnership
– To formulate, develop and implement the communications policy, strategy and relevant communications guidelines for WV China
– To build up communication network with, media and other related parties in China and to formulate strategic public relations plan to enhance the image of WV in China
– To oversee the production and the quality control of publications such as annual report, corporate brochure, audio-visual materials and other ad-hoc printing and production projects
– To monitor the overall situation / development in China; pay special attention to disasters, issues and needs in areas WV involved, and to disseminate relevant information to WV Partnership, management and programming staffs as needed
– To plan and coordinate project visits, reception and orientation in China for WV Partnership
– To provide regular training and professional advice to the communications staff
– Degree in either Communication, Translation or Journalism; Holder of a higher Degree is an advantage
– At least five years’ supervisory experience in Communications field
– Aware of the cultural sensitivity; preferred to have background/experience in development works or China Studies
– Photography and other audio-visual production knowledge are preferred
– Outgoing, proactive, self-motivated, high integrity, service-oriented leader, with a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to manage change
– Excellent command in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua) and English
– Excellent communication, inter-personal skill, problem-solving and coaching skills
– Ability to think strategically, a solution-based mentality and able to work under pressure effectively and make right judgments / decisions
– Travel to the rural remote areas in mainland China is required
– Two years contract
– Candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior Communications Officer
World Vision is a learning organization, with strong reputation in the NGO community. In your job, there are opportunities to grow and develop that are inherent in working in a global organization. Interested parties please send application letter with full CV, current and expected salary to People & Culture Department, World Vision China at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Confidential” marked. We work in an environment rich with a culturally diverse workforce; come join and use your skills and talents to make a tangible difference in the lives of those we serve.
More information about our organization is available at our website:http://www.worldvision.org.cn
All information provided will only be used for recruitment-related purpose. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful. All the applications would be destroyed after the recruitment exercise.
Disclaimer: World Vision China will not request a candidate to pay for the application fee during the recruitment process. World Vision China is not liable for any loss arising from anyone who used the name of World Vision China. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us.