United Nations Children’s Fund is seeking a
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Specialist
at NO-C level for a 1-year temporary appointment in Beijing
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How you can make a difference?
UNICEF China strives to place children’s rights at the centre of the business agenda for social responsibility and sustainability. This relatively new engagement carries significant potential impact on children’s rights realization. The purpose of this post includes engaging industry, government ministries, state administrative committees and civil society organisations to promote the responsibility of businesses to respect and support children’s rights in the context of their operations. It also includes building partnerships with companies to support their actions to integrate child rights in their policies and processes through the promotion and implementation of Children’s Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) with the ultimate aim to achieve results for children.
We are now looking for a committed Corporate Social Responsibility expert to join us to develop, manage and evaluate non-financial partnerships with the corporate community in support of UNICEF’s mission, objectives and programme in China, aiming to set the child rights agenda into the focus of the business sector and enhance UNICEF’s credibility and brand as a technical expert in the area of child rights and responsible business. The incumbent is expected to provide technical inputs in line with UNICEF’s strategic Framework on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) / Child Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) and manage programmatic alliances with companies, business associations, civil society organisations, and others.
The main responsibilities include the following:
• Lead the implementation on CSR and Advocacy in China; provide technical inputs on CSR and promote the implementation of CRBP and tools with business, government, industry bodies, business industry associations and national think tanks.
• Advocate for and provide technical assistance to Government and Civil Society Organisations to ensure that children’s rights are protected and promoted by the private sector in line with the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC).
• Develop strategies / interventions on CSR to increase the multi-sectoral engagement of Government, companies and partners. Build and cultivate corporate engagement by identifying and scoping potential corporate partners and developing MOUs and programme concept notes.
• Build capacity of corporate partners in Child Rights and Business Principles including innovative approaches to support child rights in business.
• Update, implement, and monitor the UNICEF China CSR/CRBP Strategy to achieve advocacy impact and programmatic results.
• Work closely with programme sections to identify and implement partnerships with the private sector to deliver results for children.
• Act as a CSR/CRBP focal point in the office. Document and share best practices on CSR among relevant colleagues.
To qualify, you will have:
• Advanced University degree in Development, Economics, CSR, Business Administration or other relevant field.
• Studies in or solid knowledge of corporate partnership management and corporate social responsibility.
• Minimum 5 to 8 years of professional experience in child rights, CSR, business and human rights, or business sustainability. Experience from building corporate partnerships, fundraising, marketing, or communication is desirable
• Evidence of building effective and influential partnerships and delivering results through others
• Current knowledge of international development, and experience of corporate engagement, advocacy, communication
• Fluency in Mandarin and English.
• Nationality of P.R. China.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multicultural environment
• Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com or apply online through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 505861). For conditions of service, see Click here . The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 July 2017.
In our effort to obtain a gender-balanced workforce, we’re particularly
looking at qualified male candidates to join the team