Save the Children
Child Safeguarding Statement for Adverts
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will be therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
CS positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
TITLE: Digital Communications and Campaigns Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Communication and Campaign
CONTRACT LENGTH:2 Years
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2
The post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work.
The primary purpose of the Digital Communications and Campaigns Officer position is to manage and develop Save the Children’s digital platforms in China to generate greater public awareness of the situation of children; building up campaign momentum online and to stimulate support for our brand and mission by generating engaging, accurate and timely content reflecting our work in over 12 provinces across China.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Communications and Campaigns Manager
• Other members in the Communications and Campaigns Team
• Program Operations team members
• Program Development and Quality team members
• Finance and Admin team members
• Relevant campaign and communication team members in the regional and central Save the Children offices.
• Social media networks
• Peer organizations and partners’ social media operators
• Online Key opinion leaders and celebrities
• Printing and design suppliers, translation agency, independent photographers and videographers, etc.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
PLATFORMS DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
• Oversees the management of the Save the Children website
• Creates and/or adapts , copy-edits content to be disseminated on Save the Children’s existing social media platforms,
• Lead the development and growth of corporate and campaign social media platforms
AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT & BRAND BUILDING
• Directly interact with target audience and key opinion leaders, including, but not limited to, through organizing online activities.
• Maintain the relationship with digital partners and sub-contractors
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
• Develop and monitor targets and performance framework for Save the Children’s digital presence in China
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· At least 2 years work experience in multi-media / writing
· Proven track record of excellence in terms of social media campaigning and communication
· Exellency in written/spoken Mandarin and ideally competent to work in English-speaking working environment
· Good organizational skills, with strict attention to details in all tasks and a focus on meeting deadlines
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Confident IT skills to enable the production of visually appealing and professional Word, Excel and PPT documents
· A commitment to support cross-organizational initiatives and to team working and understanding of how to contribute to this
· An understanding of and commitment to, the aims of Save the Children as an organization working for social change and active in the promotion of the rights of the child
· Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Photography and video editing skills;
· Experience of working in development or humanitarian assistance;
· Experience in delivering training, coaching or mentoring others.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.