Position: ICT and FinTech Innovation Officer
Deadline: As soon as possible
Location: Shanghai International Trade Centre
2201 Yan’an West Road, Changning District
Innovation Centre Denmark in Shanghai is looking for an energetic and bright individual to take over a full-time position as Innovation Officer within ICT &FinTech.
The position is based at the Innovation Centre Denmark co-located with the Royal Danish Consulate General in Shanghai. The position is available from January 2018. This challenging and fulfilling job in an international environment offers plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development.
You will have an outstanding platform to develop Sino-Danish partnerships within research, development, commerce and innovation – promoting new technologies and discovering innovative business models and partnerships between Danish and Chinese businesses.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of the Innovation Centre in Shanghai, you will join a team of excellent colleagues dedicated to commerce, research and innovation collaborations between the Danish ICT &FinTech sectors and their Chinese counterparts.
You are expected to understand/quickly acquire an overview of the Danish ICT and FinTech segments and networks, with support of your colleagues at the Danish missions in China.
You are expected to identify Chinese business and innovation opportunities towards Danish stronghold positions; and develop projects that facilitate the Danish companies, organizations, and knowledge institutes’ growth opportunities in China – including access to venture capital and investors for fast market acceleration.
You will be responsible for sales and execution of business consultancy services towards Danish ICT and FinTech companies on various needs, including but not limited to: technology scouting, partner identification, concept discovery and meeting facilitation & arrangement.
The ICT Innovation Officer is part of the Trade Council China Service Team and the new consultant is also expected to join projects within the broader service sphere i.e. mobile gaming, e-commerce etc., as well as contribute to ICT innovation projects across Global Innovation Centers.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for an open minded, positive and extrovert, flexible and enthusiastic team player, with an eye for quality and efficiency in your daily work, and with the capability to deliver tangible results.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Preferred master degree in business/economics, engineering/data science related academic disciplines
• Sales and management consultancy experience from an international firm, and/or research experience from an international university/research institute with a strong emphasis on applied value creation
• In-depth knowledge about the Chinese electronics, ICT and FinTech innovation ecosystems, the policies, players & stakeholders and business models
• Insights and network relations to the Mechatronics ecosystem in Shenzhen is a plus
• Insight and network within startup financing, investor & venture communities
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Cross-cultural experience is a must. Experience in Europe and particularly in Denmark is a plus. Please highlight in the application/Cover Letter your specific experience & engagement with Western companies/institutions/universities
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Good business understanding
• Fluency in English and Mandarin (written and verbally)
• Self-driven, good interpersonal skills, result-oriented approach, and high drive to succeed on your own and in teams
Please send written application in English with CV, references and photo as soon as possible and send it to:Najhjo@um.dk. The Innovation Centre will invite for interviews on a continuous basis until the right candidate has been found.
For questions and further information, please contact Naja: +86 21 8025 0632
About Innovation Centre Denmark in Shanghai
Innovation Centre Denmark in Shanghai is an innovative unit within the Royal Danish foreign missions in China, focusing on promoting the Sino-Danish innovation collaboration on both academia and commercial level, with the ultimate goal of creating Danish growth.
The Innovation Centre is a joint cooperation between The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education, located in technological hot spots around the world. Innovation Centre Denmark is currently present in Silicon Valley, Munich, Shanghai, Seoul, Sao Paolo, New Delhi and Tel Aviw.
Innovation Centre Denmark, Shanghai is fully integrated within the Trade Council China, which is the government export, investment and collaboration promotion organization under Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
Read more on www.icdk.um.dk