Department: Program Department
Reports to: Program Manager and Program Director of CCR CSR
Location: Shenzhen, China
Application deadline: 7th July 2017
OVERVIEW AND MAIN TASKS:
This an exciting opportunity for new graduates or enrolled university students interested in pursuing a career in children’s rights, CSR, social work or development. You’ll be working for the Center for Child Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility (CCR CSR) in China, the frontrunner in the field of Child Rights and CSR, with offices in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shenzhen. We operate as a social enterprise and work directly with companies and businesses to help them build a sustainable business model that supports and promotes children’s rights and improves the lives of children. Our clients are global brands with business and supply chains in China and South East Asia.
Your role as intern will be to contribute to the implementation of our services in South China to ensure a successful outcome, and also to support the work of the CCR CSR offices in Beijing and Hong Kong when needed.
The work is conducted in co-operation with: Staff at CCR CSR, local service providers, supply chain factories, vendors, partner and clients, authorities and others.
1. upport full implementation of the projects
2. Assist in organizing trainings, travel arrangements, meetings, workshops and support events with catering, reservation of tickets, restaurants etc.
3. Request offers, negotiate rates for hotels for room, tickets, workshop facilities etc.
4. Assist in drafting and formatting of reports/training materials/surveys and preparing PowerPoint presentations
5. Preliminary review of training reports
6. Basic analysis of survey and evaluation results
7. Basic desk research and data/information collection
8. Provide translation support as requested
9. Assist in conducting survey and assessment in the factory
Contact vendors, assist in organizing events/trainings and travel arrangements; assist in administrative routines.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Education: University degree in relevant subject preferred (e.g. sociology, social work, public administration etc.)
2. Minimum work experience: N/A, Fresh college graduate is preferred; sophomore or senior in college is also acceptable
3. 3 months internship is desirable.
1. Excellent organizational/communication skills
2. Good English reading, writing, and speaking; Cantonese knowledge preferred
3. Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
4. Practice and knowledge of carrying out events/trainings
5. Social awareness
6. Ability to work independently and with high level of integrity and professionalism
• Compliance with Core Responsibilities, as described above
• Set individual performance objectives at beginning of employment or last appraisal
• Professional behavior, as per staff evaluation form
This is a part-time position and successful candidates must commit to a minimum of two days per week. Please apply for this internship by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this opening is 7th July 2017.