More job ads can be found in http://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English.
This position will be based in any of Greenpeace Office,Beijing/Taipei/Hongkong/Seoul.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organization with a presence in over 55 countries. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join us.
Junior Finance Analyst
Summary/purpose of the position
The fundamental function of this position is to support in providing the management with financial information relevant for decision making on all financial matters of the organisation. It is by using our financial reporting tools and through analytical skills that this position contributes in developing and implementing reporting cycles and information flow mechanisms that provide an accurate picture on Greenpeace East Asia’s financial resources and assets.
• Produce the financial information required for internal Greenpeace East Asia reporting, which is compiled both regularly (i.e. monthly, quarterly and annually) and on-demand.
• Provide historic income and expenditure information, and compile departmental budgets to feed into the creation of future projections and development scenarios.
• Assist in identifying the processes and information technology required to improve efficiency in the Finance unit, while considering the opportunities and potential risks that may be attached to any improvements suggested.
• Maintain our business intelligence reporting tool, including creation of new accounts for new users and disable accounts for leaving staff, verify financial data on the dashboards is correct before publishing, amongst others.
• Assist in automating unnecessary manual work process with the use of Excel / Access VBA macros, Access SQL or any other technologies.
• 1-3 years of experience in similar position.
• Bachelor degree in IT, Computing Sciences, etc with a good understanding of Management, Finance and/or Accounting.
• Knowledge and experience in VBA and MS Excel macros.
• Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL queries.
• Experience in SaaS data mining/BI solutions (e.g. BIME, Cognos, etc).
• Strong analytic skills and at least basic understanding of finance and accounting.
• Interest in NGOs, environmental protection, and identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values.
This is a 3 years contract subject to renewal. Interested parties, please submit your cover letter to explain your motivation to apply the position and resume here: LOCAL WEBSITE. Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
How to apply
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance. Interested parties, please visit http://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/ and submit your cover letter to explain your motivation and resume to apply the position. Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized. All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.