This post will be supporting a range of project management and implementation tasks with a focus on SDGs implementation at national level. Also, the incumbent will provide operational support as needed to the policy team.
1. Working closely with the Practice Head on knowledge management (30%), including
– Make monthly policy briefing on China’s domestic policy on development and environment;
– Provide regular in-depth policy analysis on selected policy topics;
– Manage the database of key actors and good cases conducted by WWF teams and offices;
– Support the team on impact-oriented project design, evaluation and reporting;
– Act as the focal point on knowledge management to the global governance team.
2. Working closely with the Senior Policy Officer in the strategic planning and implementation of the international policy advocacy and research work (70%), including ;
– Strengthen in-house capacity on SDGs, green economy and assist in relevant policy advocacy processes;
– Coordinate with internal and external partners for project development and implementation;
– Implement project management tasks, including drafting project concepts, preparation of budgets and work plans, managing contracts with consultants and partners, and completing timely reports to donors and WWF senior management;
– Review and polish reports produced by project partners;
– Work together with Senior Policy Officer to develop concept notes and proposals for fundraising;
– Undertake program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including developing indicators, baselines and reporting results;
– Plan, organize and coordinate project events related to SDGs work, such as seminars, workshops and launch events;
3. Other tasks assigned by the supervisor
1. University degree in the field of International Relations, Economics, Environmental science or related;
2. Ability and experience in working with a range of colleagues, consultants, and leaders in international organizations, government agencies, and academia;
3. Excellent command of English and Chinese (written and spoken);
4. Strong skills working in team and across teams in various sectors – collaborator; problem solver; relationship-builder;
5. Experience of event and conference organizing preferred;
6. Attention to details and adherence to deadlines;
7. Ability to work well under pressure;
8. Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the use of electronic media.
Promoting the principles of Ecological Civilization and Sustainable Development mainstreamed in policy and practice is one of targets for our policy advocacy in China. The programme officer is expected to work closely with both external and internal colleagues for timely implementation of the activities relevant to SDGs, making contribution to overall the conservation goals. Meanwhile, s/he is also responsible for knowledge management in the policy team by providing regular policy analysis and keeping internal communications with other teams/offices, required by the new conservation structure locally and globally.
1. Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com
2. Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.