Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader of the Poverty, Equity and Governance Team, the Programme Assistant provides technical and administrative support services to Programme Managers in Poverty, Equity and Governance Team focusing on Equity and Governance, including rule of law, gender, disability, LGBTI, civil society, philanthropy and youth programming ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO and UNDP HQ as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
• Support to formulation of programme strategies for Equity and Governance programmes under the Country Programme Action Plan
• Support to management of the CO programme in assigned areas
• Administrative support for Equity and Governance programmes
• Support to resource and partnership mobilization, including the government, global fund, bilateral donors and the private sector
• Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, especially help with the communication of PEG team’s programme work.
1. Supports formulation of programme strategies and the Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Collection, analysis and presentation of information on Equity and Governance for programme formulation and implementation
• Research and development of working documents and compilation of background materials relating to Equity and Governance.
2. Provides effective support to management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project. .
• Maintenance and updating the CO partners database and donor profiles and briefing notes on key partners including government counterparts, donors and the academia.
• Presentation of information for audit of NEX projects.
3. Provides administrative support to the Poverty, Equity and Governance Team focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Preparation of non-PO vouchers for projects in Atlas.
• Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
• Creation of requisitions for development projects in Atlas and register of goods receipt in Atlas.
• Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
• Facilitation of information flow, coordination of schedule and other logistic arrangement both within the team and inter-teams.
• Assist the preparation and organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, PAC, outreach activities and etc.; participation in these events and taking notes/minutes
• Daily administrative and secretariat support to the team, including daily correspondences, maintenance of filing system, printing and photocopying, updating official travel and leave plan, visitor’s list and event list.
• Preparation of draft communications and translation of documentations including letters, MOUs, briefing materials, programme agenda and concept note-project proposals.
4. Supports resource and partnership mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
• Collection of information and analysis for partner profiles in field of Equity and Governance
• Follow-up on the resource mobilization activities in support of Project Managers
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on issues of equity and governance
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice in these areas
Impact of Results
Accurate data entry and financial information have an impact on the quality and implementation of the UNDP programme. A client-oriented and efficient approach impact on the image of UNDP in the country.
• Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
•Shares knowledge and experience
•Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills in area of equity and governance
Development and Operational Effectiveness
•Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Results Management, including screening and collecting of programme/ projects documentation, projects data entering, preparation of revisions, filing, provision of information
•Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
Leadership and Self-Management
•Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
•Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
•Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
•Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting or Finance. University Degree or equivalent in economics, law, Business or Public Administration or related field desirable.
•2 years of relevant administrative or programme experience in is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
• Fluency in English and Chinese