The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. Together with our 190 National Societies worldwide, we reach 97 million people annual through long-term service and development programmes as well as 85 million people through disaster response and recovery programmes.
The four countries supported by the country cluster support team in Beijing – China, Japan, Mongolia and Republic of Korea, cover 28 per cent of the Asian continent and comprising 1.5 billion people. Disasters, poverty, unprecedented aging of the population, urbanization and migration contribute to increased vulnerability in this region. The population are also exposed to increased health risks due to epidemics, communicable and non-communicable diseases.
The office supports Red Cross Red Crescent Societies in East Asia in becoming stronger at home and abroad and in both disaster response operations and sustainable development initiatives. We act as a resource centre and conduit for exploration and adaptation of global initiatives to meet the sub-region’s needs and capacities.
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
The job is an operational job located within the Beijing Country Cluster Support Team however this position need to base in Chinese Red Cross Society for IFRC programmes implementation.
Project Support officer will support an effective and efficient implementation of all IFRC supported programmeat operational levels of the RCSC HQ and the National Training Centre (NTC).
Project Support Officer reports to the Head of the Programme Management Office (PMO)of the Red Cross Society of China and facilitates and coordinatesthe IFRC-funded programme, including administration and financial oversight.
This position will be located in RCSC HQ PMO office with tasks fulfilled to support IFRC programme related in priority, who may require to attend to IFRC meetings/trainings and complete necessary admin requirements in IFRC office every two weeks;
• Serve as the IFRC focal point for all programme implementation in RCSC HQ;
• Facilitate and assist coordination between various RCSC department/units, implementing branches, Training Centre of the RCSC and IFRC which are at work in projects/programmes;
• Liaise and cooperate directly with the designated IFRC counterpart (Disastermanagementcoordinator, Regional Health Manager, and the country Finance and Administration Manager, Finance Officers) on all operational matters;
• Keep efficient Liaising with all employees that are involved in projects;
• Assist the RCSC HQ and IFRC in budget management and all reports collection, and provide regular updates to line manager as well to IFRC as agreed with each project/programme agreement or as necessary;
• Ensure accountability by closely monitoring project implementation & reporting process at all stages, as well take part in monitoring & evaluation when requested;
• Provide support in helping in the execution of the projects/programmes in branches;
• Provide input to the PMER and Communications teams on projects developments and identifying stories suitable for use in and PMER and communications materials;
• Ensure timely & proactive reporting to line manager, IFRC and relevant departments for updates, changes and critical events during any stage of project/program;
• Keep good coordination on submission of all IFRC Finance Reportsbefore the due date;
• Aappreciate Red Cross values and be willing to serve the most vulnerable people.
The position will involve:
• Meeting with the project leaders or manager to understand all vital aspects of the particular project/programme
• Ensuring that all RCSC/IFRC team members understand the scope of the project as well as what they are individually responsible for.
• Making schedules of what needs to be completed by what date, as well as of team meetings and coordinating the same with other members.
• Providing assistance to RCSC HQ in compiling and submitting to IFRC of both project narrative and financial reports as per agreed time intervals.
• Communicating relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project’s requirements, unexpected hitches etc.
• Coordinating activities with vendors and suppliers and maintaining relationships with them.
• Assisting the IFRC/RCSC project managers in various activities such as budget monitoring and in meetings with management.
• Knowledge of the project cycle management and experience in health-related and/or community-based or development projects will be an asset are required;
• Three years of progressive related experience, development and implementation of programs or a combination of experience and education totalling seven years;
• Good communication, coordination and excellent networking skill are required;
• The knowledge of Red Cross movement are prefer;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Services/Management or Public Health field;
• Fluently spoken and written in English and Chinese.
Interested candidates shall send their detailed CVs of English and Chineseto the following email account:firstname.lastname@example.org later than 17:00 PM April 26, 2017. Please mark clearly of the position name you applied.