UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination and violence against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s China Office in Beijing supports and carries out work on (i) enhancing women’s economic empowerment (WEE); (ii) ending violence against women; and (iii) innovative work to address gender issues in China. In addition to the above, UN Women also actively participates and contributes to various UN inter-agency processes and collaborates with UN organizations around specific programme areas.
In order to enhance women’s economic empowerment and uphold women’s equal employment rights, UN Women is implementing the project Women’s Access to Equal Employment and Leadership in China (WEL). It aims to inform private and public sector stakeholders of the benefits of a gender-diverse and discrimination-free workforce, and to build their capacities to take action for gender equality.
The UN Women China office will now hire a Programme Assistant who will be responsible for providing programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency in the implementation of the WEL project in China.
The Programme Assistant will work in close collaboration with the rest of the office, as well as the Asia Pacific Regional Office, UN Women Headquarters and staff of other UN agencies as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
1. Support the effective implementation of the Women’s Access to Equal Employment and Leadership in China Project (WEL Project).
2. Support the strategic partnerships, communications and resource mobilization of the Project.
3. Provide administrative and financial support to the Project to ensure the achievement of results-based management.
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing of the Project.
1. Support the effective implementation of the Women’s Access to Equal Employment and Leadership in China Project, focusing on the achievement of the following results
• Support the management of the project in OneApp and other systems, including uploading donor agreements, donor reports and other required information;
• Support the process of designating implementation partner(IP), including working on TORs and IP selection;
• Provide guidance to and monitor the IP to ensure the achievement of good result of the project;
• Support effective reporting on the progress of the Project, including facilitation of surveys, data collection, annual and final donor reports, quarterly report in OneApp;
• Support the project monitor and evaluation as needed.
2. Support the strategic partnerships, communications and resource mobilization of the Project, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Support in updating database of relevant contacts from public and private sector, NGOs and other stakeholders
• Support the development of the project’s communications materials and the implementation of online/offline activities;
• Support in resource mobilization of the Project, including developing resource mobilization materials, conducting screening, and attending meetings with potential partners;
• Prepare MOUs, agreements or other forms of documents for collaboration with partners;
• Support the organization of the annual Gender and CSR Conference and other events in relation to the Project.
3. Provide administrative and financial support to the Project to ensure the achievement of results-based management, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Create project inputs into Atlas, including budget revisions, E-REQ, running Atlas reports, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of project;
• Maintain an effective filing system for the project, both hard and soft versions, maintain an effective tracking system for project documents;
• Handle the travel arrangements, including TA, F10, E-REQ and PO;
• Support procurement related to the Project, including preparation of Request For Quotations (RFQ), Invitation To Bids (ITB), Request For Proposals (RFP), preparation of Purchase Orders (PO)
3. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing of the Project:
• Translate from English to Chinese and vice versa of the Projects materials, resource mobilization materials, and other documents as required;
• Support the development and dissemination of knowledge products, including coordination of design/layout and printing;
• Contribute to identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned linked to the Project.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Country Programme Manager.
The key results have an impact on the success of the implementation of the UN Women China Annual Workplan within the area of Women’s Economic Empowerment and the reputation and standing of UN WOMEN in China. A client-oriented, results-based and efficient approach impacts the image of UN WOMEN in the country.
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
• Excellent communication skills and good human relations skills, especially the ability to relate to a wide range of team members and partners from varying cultural backgrounds;
• Ability to manage time in multi-tasking and conducting parallel activities to meet deadlines.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
• Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UN Women;
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
• Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Able to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
• Able to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
• Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource.
Management and Leadership
• Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Demonstrates excellent networking skills with external partners;
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education. A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences or other relevant fields of study is an asset.
• Minimum of 4 (Four) years of relevant programme or administration experience is required, preferably in the field of development;
• Demonstrated familiarity with UN development projects in China will be advantageous;
• Knowledge of gender equality, preferably in women’s economic empowerment will be desirable
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and handling web-based management systems.
Only applicants submitted through the link could be considered：https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=12738&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2