United Nations Children’s Fund is seeking a Web Developer atGS-5 level for a fixed-term appointment in Beijing
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
We’re now looking for a diligent and motivated new staff member to join our Supporter Careteam. Under the supervision of the Digital Officer, the proposed Web Developer is responsible for the creation of online campaignmaterials; for supporting A/B tests on such materials, as well as user acceptance tests on on-going infrastructure improvements, and monitoring and reporting on these tests.
• Produce email communications, landing pages, donation pages, eshop related materials and digital campaign visuals such as banners, graphics, and video utilizing material provided by supervisor and in accordance with approved specifications and time schedule.
• Assist in planning, execution and management of web infrastructure improvements, including:
o Prepare project requirement documents, confirm execution timelines and collect supporting resources.
o Closely coordinate with function development agencies for task briefings, progress update meetings, problem shooting etc.
o Monitor daily progress of function development projects
o Conduct User Acceptance Testing and feedback to agencies for further optimization
• Assist in A/B testing of digital marketing materials utilizing approved testing tools.
• Produce reports on digital KPIs as directed by supervisor.
• Perform administrative activities in support of digital campaigns, including contracts and payments.
To qualify, you will have
• 5 years of relevant work experience in a related field such as digital design and production or digital project management, or an academic degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other relevant area complemented by at least 2years of relevant work experience(may include internship experience).
• Fluency in Mandarin. Working knowledge of English
• Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
• Attention to detail and an analytical mind.
• Good initiative, ability to conceptualise and come up with improvement suggestions.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in teams and independently.
• Strongcustomer service attitude.
Do you have?
• Respect for UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
• A drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
This post offers a competitive compensation package and entitlements in accordance with the United Nations Salary Scale at GS-5 level. If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, please send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 507422). The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 October 2017.