1. Assist the Director of Chengdu Regional Office in developing the regional development strategy for Chengdu regional office being rooted in Western China region;
2. Responsible for raising fund and leveraging other resources including technic input and support etc. for the conservation programmes in Chengdu Regional office;
3. Act as the bridge between our regional professional teams (panda and snow leopard programmes etc.) and the corporate partners in the region.
4. Responsible for demonstrating Chengdu Regional Office Corporate Engagement 2.0, which means closer collaboration, interaction and mutual improvements etc. through a win-win approach during the corporate engagement process with our regional programmes, such as panda programme and snow leopard programme.
1. Keep strategic thinking of how to further push the regional development affairs of Chengdu Regional Office, including reaching agreement with the regional director on the goal and objectives of regional development, considering and planning the road map, approaches and activities for achieving the goal and objectives.
2. Visit the existing projects and the project areas in Western China region, including Sichuan, Shaanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Chongqing etc., understand the on-going conservation projects and the needs of these projects from the corporate-engagement and public engagement point of view.
3. Focusing on fundraising for Chengdu Regional Office through coordinating the regional programme teams, such as panda conservation programme and snow leopard conservation programme etc., to prepare high quality project proposals for the potential corporate partners and the public.
4. Design and organize the campaigns or other activities for Chengdu regional office enhancing the impact and raising funds from the potential corporate partners and the public at the regional level.
5. Responsible for training and influencing the regional office colleagues especially the programme implementation team members in order to help the team better communicate and cooperate with corporate partners and the public.
6. Responsible for coaching the lower-level fund-raising officer in the region.
7. Responsible for the establishment and demonstration of Chengdu Regional Office Corporate Engagement 2.0, which means we need to be more active to engage the corporate partners into our projects and take the initiative to meet the practical needs and requests from corporate partners while educating them in the field of ecological conservation instead of simple response or reacting.
8. Responsible for practicing systematic fundraising affairs management at regional level. In addition to the strategy development, planning and implantation, also focus on summarizing and internal sharing the best practices and lessons related to fund-raising and developing the “Menu” for regional fund-raising work.
9. Perform other tasks designated by the supervisor.
1. At least Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or above will be preferred.
2. At least 8-10 years experiences in relevant field, such as working the in the corporates, fund-raising or corporate engagement in NGOs etc.
3. Understanding the operation of Corporate SCR and strong skills of working with corporate partners.
4. Good knowledge and acute sense of working with different stakeholder groups of conservation in China.
5. Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively and efficiently. Good command of English.
6. Adapted to frequent travel in the mountainous areas in the project areas in western China.
7. Optimistic and determined, able to solve out the difficulties in tough situations.
8. Innovative, willingness to update professional knowledge and skills.
9. Team worker, ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and background.
10.Demonstrates WWF behaviors in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
11. Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Courage
Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.