Duration of Appointment: 1 year with possibility for extension based on satisfactory
performance, probationary period of 1 month
Application closing date: 31 October 2020
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible after application
Clean Air Asia works towards achieving better air quality and livable cities in Asia and our vision is an Asia without air pollution. Clean Air Asia was established as the leading air quality management network for Asia by the Asian Development Bank, World Bank and USAID in 2001, and operates since 2007 as an independent non-profit organization. We have offices in Manila, Beijing and Delhi, country networks in six Asian countries and are an UN-recognized partnership of 261 organizations in Asia and worldwide.
Clean Air Asia is working on one of the most pressing environmental issues in China - air quality improvement. We are officially registered in China under the supervision of the Ministry of Ecology and Environment and the Beijing Bureau of Public Security.
Our China Office is small, dynamic and effective. We currently have 8 full-time staff. Our office culture is characterized by respect for high-quality work, clearly defined responsibilities, and staff’s career growth and personal work/life balance.
We are recruiting for a full time Analyst. A self-motivated and talented individual with knowledge and skills in air quality management and campaigns is welcome to apply.
The Analyst will join the team in developing and implementing ongoing and emerging projects that combine independent research and campaigns.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Communications and Campaigns Manager in the China Office, the Analyst shall undertake the following responsibilities.
- Develop and implement effective and integrated plans, strategies and tactics related to the project objectives.
- Study, investigate and analyze a wide range of specialized material on project issues and strategies.
- Prepare project materials and publications.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the project issues, and be able to make strategic analysis and react to emerging external opportunities.
- Assist in organizing online and offline events and activities in relation to the objectives and plans of the projects.
IV. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- A bachelor degree in air quality or campaign related fields, e.g. environmental engineering, environmental science, environmental policy, environmental management
- At least 1-year work experience
- Ability to conduct data analysis and solid quantitative skills
- Excellent writing skills in Chinese and basic spoken and writing skills in English
- Understanding of the media advocacy needs of a campaigning project
- Understanding of the roles that science, politics, economics, industry, media and social change play in campaigning
- Good understanding of China’s energy and climate issues, experience in coal or renewable energy campaign work seen as a plus
- Being a team player and ability to work with technical team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
V.DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed under a 1-year contract with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance, with a probationary period of 1 month. The base monthly remuneration is competitive but may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Government-mandated employee benefits will also be provided. Clean Air Asia provides 24 days paid leaves and observes 11 public holidays per year. Clean Air Asia also provides opportunities for travel domestically and internationally.
VI.HOW TO APPLY
Quoting ‘Analyst’ in the subject line, applicants should email their cover letter and CV in both English and Chinese, and maximum 2 pages samples of written work (1 in English and 1 in Chinese) to Ms. FU Lu at email@example.com, on or before 31 October 2020. All applicants must clearly state in their cover letter how they meet the person specification above, as well as contact details of three referees.
We encourage early application as applications will be processed as they arrive, so the recruiting process may end earlier than closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.