Position Title: Assistant Program Officer (Beijing)
Report to: Program Manager (Beijing)
1. Support to coordination and implementation the forest programme under WWF China;
2. Provide effective assistance and updated information about related concepts, technologies and trends;
3. Communicate with other organizations, companies and the government if requested, and act as an alternative contact person between WWF and the Chinese government and other organizations on related issues.
• Support to coordination and implementation of WWF’s program.
• Timely prepare and deliver program documentations, including program activity reports.
• Develop program contracts to partners/consultants following WWF’s regulation.
• Collect information from program and offices, and prepare yearly summary or communication materials.
• Maintain communications and interactions among government agencies, research institutions, companies and other organizations, as well as WWF network.
• Participate in conferences and workshops to communicate with other organizations, companies and government agencies.
• Develop and maintain strategic partnership for raising WWF’s profile and influence.
• Work under supervisor to support building and maintaining sound relationship with network and non-network donors;
• Other tasks allocated by Manager, Beijing Region;
1. Internal: Immediate line manager, team members. Also work closely with other members of HUB Office, other WWF colleagues; and WWF Network colleagues.
2. External: Regular interactions with project partners, government officials, other NGOs, local communities, donors, etc.
• A Bachelor/Master’s degree in forestry science or related field.
• One year work experience is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Mandarin and English.
• High level of competency in project management, partnership development, communications, marketing / corporate and public communications. Excellent ability to work cross-culturally, proposal writing, policy analysis and information management.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and teamwork skills including the ability of internal communication, open mind strategic think, self-motivated and innovative.
• Good principle understanding of related programs.
• Proactive, innovative, and output-oriented personality.
• Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
• Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Courage
WWF has been working actively to increase the availability of sustainable forest management for more than a decade in China. Up to today, there are around three million hectares of certified forests that benefitting more than 25,000 small holders. The sustainable program created this enabling environment through pushing forward the global goals of encouraging responsible forestry management and safeguarding high conservation value forests, meanwhile, the team also engaged in thematic issues of sustainable timber products trade & investment, green finance mechanism and consumer campaign projects.
This assistant officer position in under the WWF Beijing Office’s program team and needs to frequently contact with project finance officer as well as the communicators in the program. The assistant officer will also closely contact with other team members from the program practice, local government officials, partners from private sectors, research institutions and universities, WWF network colleagues and media respondents. Overall the assistant officer needs to show a team work spirit dealing with various stakeholders from different sectors.
Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.