Job Title: Associate Consultant, Clean Power Program(CPP)
Location: Beijing, China
Reports To: Program Director, Clean Power Program (CPP)
Duration: 6 months with possibility to extend
The Associate Consultant is responsible for supporting program on grants administration, events organization and logistics support, collaborations and partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Grants and Projects Management
· Administrate the grant-making process in the EF China’s grants management system, drafting IERF and filling in necessary information to initiate the project application, monitoring and following up in the grant period, and drafting evaluation to close the grant in a timely manner;
· Collect and carry out due diligence on the grants related materials, including grant proposals, budget proposals, mid-term and end-term narrative and financial reports, the technical reports, and etc., and upload the materials to the EF China’s grants management system timely;
· Support program team to monitor the project progress, help organize and attend meetings at various stages of the project and follow through to ensure desirable deliverables and outcomes;
· Monitor the payment for granted projects, help grantees to resolve payment related issues;
· Track and keep record of the program budget, follow through spending plan and provide timely reminders to Program Director (PD) / Program Officer (PO), and reconcile the program budget internally and with SF Office;
· Support grant auditing and work with grantees to assure full compliance with EF China policies and regulations both in China and in the US;
· Organize and manage Foundation-Initiated Projects (FIPs), including consulting contracts, meetings/workshops, study tours and reports/publications. Set up FIPs, collect and review FIP reimbursement materials and ensure that necessary reimbursement materials are complete and correct. Ensure that FIP administration and reimbursement follow EF China procedures and is handled in a timely manner;
· Organize and coordinate all kinds of meetings/workshops, consultant visits, study tours and funder trips, including issuing invitation letters, arranging accommodation and transportation, scheduling meetings, assembling meeting materials, arranging or providing translation services, taking notes and developing meeting summaries, and etc.
Collaboration and Partnership
· Organize and arrange site visits for the funders to demonstrate the accomplishment of the program in the field;
· Proactively work with other colleagues in collaborative projects;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with other colleagues and/or partners under guidance to increase support and demonstrate shared purpose;
· Maintain the list of partners for the program, assist in inviting international and domestic experts to support EF China’s stakeholders.
· Assist PD/PO to draft reporting materials, such as annual report and work plan to the regulators, and docket narrative and logic model to the board;
· Work closely with other colleagues to support the office-wide events as required by the office;
· Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa as required;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by PD;
· Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Education: Bachelor’s degree and above or undertaking studies towards master or doctor, preferably in a related field: electrical power system, electrical & electronic engineering, renewable energy, energy policies and economics, or other related majors. Deep knowledge and understanding in energy/power issues, low carbon development, the roles of policy-making and associated laws and regulations in China’s energy/ power field.
· English level: ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Project management skills: ability to manage projects according to a set of procedures and rules, follow the necessary steps rigorously, with the good understanding of the purpose, scope and timeline of the projects.
· Problem solving skills: ability to use logics to solve simple problems independently, and demonstrate potential to solve complicated problems.
· Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line "Application of CPP Associate Consultant", to email@example.com.