Application Deadline: 25- September -2021 (Midnight Beijing, China)
Type of Contract: Service Contract (L4)
Languages Required: English, Chinese
Starting Date: ASAP
Expected Duration of Assignment: One year, renewable on an annual basis upon satisfactory performance & availability of funds
Background Information – WFP
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Since 1961, WFP has pursued a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed to lead an active and healthy life. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year. WFP was invited by the Chinese Government to begin joint humanitarian and development activities in 1979.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of head of Finance Unit, provide accounting and administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
1. Input bank transactions in e-bank system and maintain bank instructions information.
2. Produce financial vouchers by collecting budget information from SAP, compiling supporting documents and invoices etc.
3. Maintain internal expenditures control system by ensuring that invoices processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded in SAP.
4. Request Value-added Tax refunds for office and international staff through Ministry of Foreign Affairs online system.
5. Take timely corrective actions on vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions.
6. Process (park) staff payroll.
7. Support the maintenance of financial files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for checking and review.
8. Assist domestic project and south-south cooperation disbursement and invoice verification.
9. Air ticket settlement for China and DPRK CO. Check and reconcile air ticket invoices with travel agencies.
10. Vendor maintenance. Prepare all the necessary documentation and in responsible to contact supplier for info verification, Vendor Creation/Amend Form. Perform vendor monthly review and report to VMD team for vendor retention/deletion/deactivation.
11. Telephone/mobile phone/L-D phone bill. Including monthly cost-share calculation with DPRK, personal bill download (for int’l staff only), coordinate SES posting in SAP.
13. Act as petty cash cashier for WFP China and DPRK Support Unit e-petty cash accounts (Alipay).
14. Support DPRK CO procurement payment and assist cash account financial entries, cash count. Receive payment request form and encash DSA to Pyongyang international staff.
15. Assist bank statement upload and monthly financial closure report.
16. Any other tasks as required.
Education: University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration, or other relevant subject.
Experience: Finance or accounting working experience at the national or international level is preferable. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Experience in handling of web based management systems. Previous work experience in the United Nations or other international organizations will be considered an advantage.
Competencies: Demonstrate integrity by modeling the UN’s values, ethical standards, strong sense of responsibility and confidentiality; Knowledge on diplomatic and protocol matters; Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; Good communication and interpersonal skills; Willingness to share knowledge and experience; Focus on result for the client and respond positively to feedback with positive and constructive attitude.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Chinese.
Only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your profile. We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
All female and male candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position which is open to Chinese nationals only.
To apply please send us the Personal History Form (P11) no later than 25 September 2021:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject "Business Support Assistant (Finance)- Ms/Mr. ***”
Or mail: HR Unit, World Food Programme China office, UN Building, No.2 Liang Ma He Nan Lu, Beijing, 100600北京市朝阳区亮马河南路2号，联合国世界粮食计划署，人力资源部 邮编：100600