Greenpeace is looking for a climate financing expert who will play a key role to our corporate climate campaigns. The position-holder is expected to have rich knowledge in climate finance, sustainable investment and ESG-related topics and contribute to the various relate projects to fulfill our campaign goals.
Its major responsibilities include:
1) strategic planning to capture the emerging ESG and other related mechanics/tools to effectively engage investors and corporates into climate actions.
2) strong implementation based on structure design, data collection and analysis.
3) strategical dialogue and engagement with target stakeholders.
4) coordinate with other alliances across the non-profit and profit orgs to come up with synergized plan and actions.
5) present to various industry conference occasions to deliver our key messages out.
Conceptual tasks, Strategy
● Provide expertise with respect to specialized areas or skillsets (Climate Financing, Sustainable Finance, ESG) that are critical to achieving campaign objectives. Maintain high-level of knowledge on the issues. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the expertise area.
● Provide strategic analysis of current and emerging trends in the specialized field. Provide timely analysis to inform the campaign & to guidance of reaction for the project teams when needed.
● Provide leadership to the development of objectives, strategies and program activities in order to achieve well integrated and impactful program work. Propose projects according to campaign strategy.
● Provide strategic advice to projects which require engagement/use of the specialized expertise. Support campaign projects which are related to these aspects when required.
● Actively represent Greenpeace towards the professional stakeholders in the specialized field, and the environmental community at large and to the media, to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace.
● Liaise and build relationships with stakeholders in accordance with the area of specialization and campaign strategies.
● Develop campaign, media and policy lobby materials, including report, media briefing, press releases and commentaries. Make presentations and respond to public speaking requests.
● Act as spokesperson, participate in conferences and make public and/or stakeholder speeches in accordance with the area of specialization and campaign strategies.
● Work as project leader when required, oversee the implementation and make timely strategic adjustment according to internal and external changes to ensure the successful achievements of the project's objectives
● Liaise with other Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International. Promote support within Greenpeace to advance program goals.
1. Bachelor‘s degree or above in Business Management, Finance, Environment, Public Policy or related field.
2. At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of sustainable investment, ESG, climate finance, etc.
3. Knowledge of environmental/sustainability issues and an understanding of corporations, social responsible investment community, and the environmental movement.
4. Good command of both Chinese and English communication skills.
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your bilingual resume. Application with Cover Letter is preferred.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.