The current model of production is driving the exhaustion of energy and resources, and generating unbearable amounts of waste. A circular and slow model of production and consumption is quintessential to curbing carbon emission and easing the climate crisis.
We are looking for a Campaigner who is committed to the issue, and holds an entrepreneurial mindset to innovate on tactics to shake up the linear production model. The project currently focuses on the circular economy potential of electric vehicle batteries for their high resource intensity, and rapid rate of growth and decommissioning in the future. Experience in relevant industries is a plus.
PURPOSE and SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace's mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager and assists in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, research, and analytics staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
• Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
• Direct and oversee the development of campaign projects or assist the project leader in project development.
• Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
• Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
• Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need.
• Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives.
• Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
• Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation.
1. Bachelor degree in related area.
2. Good command of English communication skills.
3. Strong interest on social issues and commitment to the sustainable development and environmental protection.
4. Be able to take creative way during the work.
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your both Chinese and English resume here, or send via Greenpeace career site: https://careers.gpeastasia.org/go/Beijing-Office-Job/4569510/. Application with motivation letter is preferred.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.