- Experience:1-3 years
- Job or Application Website
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace's mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager. The post holder also assists the Program Manager or Project Manager in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, action, research, analytics and fundraising and engagement staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
The post holder may exercise line management responsibility if required by the Program Manager or Project Manager.
• Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
• Direct and oversee the development of campaign projects, or assist the project leader in project development.
• Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
• Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Maintain high-level of knowledge on the campaign issues. Analyze new developments in support of campaign vision, goals and objectives. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
• Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need
• Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives. Communicate and engage with inter-governmental bodies and government officials as needed. Effectively present information to a variety of audiences.
• Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
• Travel to other Greenpeace offices, campaign locations, or locations where related campaign issues require the presence of Greenpeace representatives.
• Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation. Complete evaluation reports as required, follow-up on the recommendations and lesson learned accordingly
• Manage contractors as required in compliance with Greenpeace East Asia policies. Manage project budgets and expenditure responsibly.
• Discretion is exercised in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Academic background in ecology, conservation biology, Environmental Protection and related field.
• Good command of English communication skills.
• The experience of doing dest research or field research.
• Experience working with environmental organization or institutions on environmental policy analysis, sustainable development strategy consulting or CSR related.
• Experience in international project.
• Familiarity in campaigning and/or non-profit operation, project management etc