Greenpeace is looking for a climate and energy campaigner who will play a key role to our Repower ICT(Information Communication Technology) project.
This position-holder will work with the project team to fulfill the vision of greening ICT industry in terms of its carbon footprints. Its major responsibilities include:
1) quantitative research into the industry's energy demand and carbon emission and sometimes it also needs looking into the financing model of different energy procurement options;
2) strategical dialogue and engagement with target companies;
3) coordinate with other alliances across the globe to come up with strategic plan and also carry out the implementations,
4) present to various industry conference occasions to deliver our key messages out.
PURPOSE and SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace's mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager and assists in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, research, and analytics staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
1. Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
2. Direct and oversee the development of campaign projects or assist the project leader in project development.
3. Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
4. Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
5. Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need.
6. Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives.
7. Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
8. Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation.
1. Bachelor degree in the field of Finance and Investment, Economics, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Development and other related field.
2. Solid quantitative skills in building financing models.
3. Experience or knowledge in the fields of electricity trading, energy project financing or energy market in its general sense
4. Good command of English communication skills.
1. Good understanding of IT companies and its ESG or CSR works would be a plus.
2. Familiarity in campaigning and/or non-profit operation and project management
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.