PURPOSE and SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace's mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager and assists in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, research, and analytics staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
This Campaigner will work with a team with various background contributing to China’s green and just recovery process responding to COVID-19. This new initiative is built to promote economic resilience, job creation, social welfare and emissions reduction in China, based on an international context. At Greenpeace, we are integrating the short-term recovery goals into China’s upcoming 14th Five-Year Plan and bridging the gap between both short and long-term climate goals, building back a better low-carbon development pathway.
• Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
• Direct and oversee the development of campaign projects or assist the project leader in project development.
• Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
• Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
• Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, academic and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need.
• Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives.
• Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
• Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation.
• Master degree or above in Economics, Public Policy, Environment Management and other related field.
• Good command of English communication skills.
• Experience of working in policy research and analysis, from research institutions, consultancy, journalism and non-government sectors.
• Experience in international project.
• Familiarity in campaigning and/or non-profit operation, project management etc.
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your both Chinese and English resume here, or send via Greenpeace career site: https://careers.gpeastasia.org/go/Beijing-Office-Job/4569510/. Application with motivation letter is preferred.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.