Climate crisis is imminent, however the automobile industry is not transitioning effectively to be compatible with the Paris agreement goal. Gasoline cars still dominate the roads, while the manufacturing supply chain is far from reaching zero emission. Metal resources are also increasingly extracted and wasted by the industry with a linear production model. Our campaign aims to push the global car industry to quit internal combustion engines, decarbonize the supply chain, and shake up the linear production model.
We are looking for a Campaigner who possesses knowledge in at least one of the related sectors, such as automobile, steel, and battery. Having a climate and carbon related background is a plus. The position would need to work closely with a multinational team from Korea, Japan, and Germany. Good communication skills are required.
Monthly Salary Range: Approx. 10,000 RMB--18,000 RMB (before tax and employee social insurance contributions; Employer share of social insurance contributions are paid by the employer on top of the gross salary; 12 months salary per year)
PURPOSE and SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace's mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager and assists in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, research, and analytics staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
• Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
• Direct and oversee the development of campaign projects or assist the project leader in project development.
• Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
• Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
• Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need.
• Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives.
• Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
• Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation.
• Bachelor degree or above in the related field.
• Knowledge or experience in at least one of the related sectors, such as automobile, steel, and battery.
• Being able to communicate fluently in English under the cross-cultural work environment.
• Having a climate and carbon related background.
• Experience in international project.
• Familiarity in campaigning and/or non-profit operation, project management etc
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your both Chinese and English resume here, or send via Greenpeace career site: https://careers.gpeastasia.org/go/Beijing-Office-Job/4569510/. Application with motivation letter is preferred. As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, only short-listed candidates will be notified.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.