- Experience:3 years ＋
- Job or Application Website
Plastic pollution is a massive problem for our planet and is getting worse. The mindless consumption and dumping of plastic ends up in landfill, burning and the oceans, and eventually in our home and our food. The ocean plastic causes the deaths of hundreds of thousands of marine animals each year, harms marine ecosystem and gets to human foot plate. Much of the problem is single-use plastic packaging that are used everyday. We need to take action to move away from throw-away plastic and the system it represents.
The position is expected to be the core team member of the “plastic free future” campaign which aims to transform the targeted sectors and companies to drastically reduce their plasticfootprint. To achieve this, the job involves strategic engagement with private and public sector, shifting corporate policies and investments to new solutions, and reframing discourse on single use plastic.
PURPOSE and SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace's mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager and assists in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, research, and analytics staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
• Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
• Direct and oversee the development of campaign projects or assist the project leader in project development.
• Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
• Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
• Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need.
• Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives.
• Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
• Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation.
1. Bachelor degree in related field.
2. Good command of English communication skills.
3. Strong interest on social issues and commitment to the sustainable development and environmental protection.
1. 3 years work experience in the industry of E-commerce, Express Delivery, Takeout food, Packaging and plastic industry, large internet enterprises or NGO with experience of communication with the enterprise.
2. Familiarity in campaigning and/or non-profit operation, project management
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your both Chinese and English resume here, or send via Greenpeace career site: https://careers.gpeastasia.org/go/Beijing-Office-Job/4569510/. Application with motivation letter is preferred.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.