Type: Full-time job
Organization: China Development Brief
Deadline for applications: 16 November, 2020
China Development Brief (CDB) is looking for a chief editor for its English-language programme. This is a unique opportunity for someone interested in working towards the development of China’s emerging civil society. It is a full-time position at CDB’s office in Beijing.
China Development Brief was founded in 1996. As a Chinese non-profit organisation, we serve as a bilingual hub providing independent coverage on Chinese civil society and research, consulting and networking services to NGOs, foundations, development practitioners, businesses, researchers, and policy makers.
Our mission is to empower China's civil society through expert observation and analysis, and by facilitating the free flow of resources and views between NGOs. The chief editor will play an important role in managing CDB’s English website, widely known as an important source of information and analysis on China’s NGO sector.
- Writing original, high-quality articles and reports on China's non-profit sector.
- Managing CDB’s English-language website (www.chinadevelopmentbrief.cn), social media channels and e-newsletter.
- Translating and editing other Chinese-language and English-language material.
- Working with CDB’s staff to implement and/or manage other research projects and programme activities, including our map of Chinese NGOs working overseas.
- Managing projects and grants including proposal development, project implementation and reporting to our funders.
- Planning and managing the work of a small team of other editors and interns, and supervising the work of other team-members.
- Postgraduate degree preferred.
- Strong fluency in English required; good Chinese-language ability preferred.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- A team player who is collegial, culturally sensitive, and patient.
- Knowledge of and commitment to China’s NGO sector.
- Previous volunteer and management experience in an NGO a plus.
- Previous experience in English writing and journalism also a plus.
December, 2020. Exact date to be confirmed later.
The salary will depend on educational level and experience.
How to apply:
Please send a CV in English and Chinese and a cover letter stating your interest in the position and your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com before the 16th of November. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.