Executive Assistant to the President
Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant provides executive support to the President serving as a point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the President. The Executive Assistant will also assist to organize office-wide meetings and conferences, as needed. Travelling is required occasionally.
- Schedule meetings and answer meeting requests directed to the President under the guidance of the President and/or Chief of Staff.
- Timely manage an active calendar of meetings, calls and appointments for the President and prepare logistic arrangements as needed.
- Coordinate with staff and/or external partners to keep each well informed with upcoming meetings with the President, associated logistic arrangements, and responsibilities, and follow up appropriately.
- Welcome visitors to the President under the guidance of the President and/or Chief of Staff.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and accommodations, ensuring all travel related logistics are well covered for the President, and compile documents as needed.
- Accompany the President to travel or attend meetings upon request, take notes for meetings, and provide onsite logistic supports as needed.
- Help manage the President’s to-do list; work closely with the President, other members of President Office and assigned staff to keep each well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assist the President to write or edit correspondence, draft and compile documents for internal and external meetings, e.g., prepare meeting requests to government officials following the required procedure.
- Complete expense reports for the President.
- Manage contacts information for the President.
- Assist to organize office-wide meetings and events related to the President by providing logistic supports, such as China Development Forum, China Week, board meetings, funder and/or high-level engagement dinners, office retreat, and etc.
- Develop and maintain bio database (including bi-lingual bios and headshots) for funders, board members and key partners, and keep it updated regularly by working closely with editor.
- Develop and maintain resources database (e.g., venue, event vendor, restaurant, and others) for meetings and events related to the President and keep it updated regularly.
- Write up event summary and/or other relevant documents (e.g., thank-you notes) for office-wide meetings/events upon request.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the President and/or Chief of Staff
- Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Education: bachelor’s degree and above. The major in energy, environments, economics and public policy will be a plus.
Working experience: Above 5 years of related experience. Experiences of supporting C-Level executives, working in public affairs or non-profit organization is preferred.
Language level: Chinese native speaker; excellent command of spoken and written English.
Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs ideally in a Mac environment, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and experience using database software preferred.
Communication: ability to communicate her own purposes towards to others effectively; Listen actively to audience, deliver key messages concisely and write in logical and concise manner, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, government officials, external partners and donors.
Problem solving: ability to solve simple and clear problems independently, define the key issues when facing complex situations, make analysis on the defined issues based on the facts and resources, articulate pros and cons for possible solutions.
Process management: pay attention to the processes or elements leading to the accomplishment of results, looking for ways to improve quality and/or efficiency; be able to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow and establish simple process in his/her own territory; communicate the process and ensure others to understand and follow; monitor the process to get things done. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details.
Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership and strong sense of responsibility, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions, which benefit all involved. parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume (in English and Chinese), subject line "Application for EA", to email@example.com.