- Experience:6-8 years
The HR Consultant will provide HR administration support to Vital China office in addition, act as a primary liaison between the U.S. headquarters and the local office on HR planning and activities.
• Lead the human resources administrative functions including processing personnel contracts/agreements; preparing offers of appointments, provide HR onboarding as instructed by global HR team; monitoring adherence to human resources policies and procedures and other administrative issuances.
• In consultation with Vital recruiters, support a transparent and competitive end-to-end Recruitment and Selection activities for Vital China office. Advertise the vacancies on local job portals, check applications; phone screen applicants and prepare a long-shortlist for selection committee as needed.
• Serve as a liaison between Global HR, legal counsel, Country Director and China staff during contract development and execution stages. Identify any potential risks that contract changes may pose to the organization and report to Global Human Resources and Legal Counsel.
• Partner with finance manager to
o Collate all required documentation to enroll staff on new payroll agency.
o Support payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and checking data.
o Compute information on leave balances, final pay-outs and tax clearances at the time of
offboarding / completing exit formalities for an employee.
• Monitor implementation of HR policies & guidelines to ensure compliance. Advice and counsel staff on interpretation of HR policies and processes.
•Organize induction and orientation program for all staff at the time of their joining Vital China office
including review of benefits and other entitlements. Manage the offboarding and exit formalities for Vital -China Staff
• Provide Global HR Team and key stakeholders HR-related reports / metrics as requested.
• Prepare special reports and participate in special human resources projects.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
Skills & Experience
6-8 years professional experience in human resources and organizational development work in the not for profit sector and/or private sector, ideally including working virtually across the globe
Knowledge of labor laws in China
Proven experience linking HR processes to overall organizational outcome and impact effectiveness
Experience in NGO organizations and/or private sector with innovative approaches to human resources management and development
Experience working internationally in a multi-cultural environment
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while ensuring confidentiality
Strong computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Post-secondary education in human resources management and/or related HR certifications are highly desirable
Thrive in an environment of deep learning and ongoing evolution.
How to Apply
Please send CV and a cover letter, including salary expectations to email@example.com or Chinarecruitment@vitalstrategies.org indicationg the position applied for in the subjuct line. Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted.