PURPOSE and SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Legal Coordinator provides support on getting access to suitable legal services for Greenpeace East Asia and provides practical advice on common day-to-day compliance issues for GPEA. The Legal Coordinator also provides legal support to the campaign teams as instructed by the Legal Unit Head. The position reports to Legal Unit Head.
1. Legal Research and Legal Filing Work: Conduct legal research, legal analysis and legal writing tasks assigned by Legal Unit Head; Handle the work of legal documents filing, keep and monitor legal volumes.
2. Legal Cases Management: Keep track of legal cases in which Greenpeace Foundation is a stakeholder through local lawyers in order to keep records up to date. Ensure that the communication between Greenpeace and the local lawyers is smooth and efficient. Ensure to provide prompt and efficient legal support to decision makers and management team for making informed decisions in the organization.
3. Review on Contracts and other Legal Documents: provide professional advice on contract and other legal documents to protect the interest of the organization, or delegate such work to external lawyer and monitor the quality of work.
4. Preparing Legal Risk Assessments: Ensure proposals for organizational activities and local legal advice are received in time; complete summaries of legal advice in order to enable the relevant staff to conduct risk assessments.
5. Compliance Work: assist Legal Unit Head to handle the legal inquiries and compliance issue from organizational support department and various teams, including but not limited to intellectual property issues, tax and finance law issue, labour law issue, legal disputes settlement, and litigation management.
6. Communication: Act as a contact for legal inquiries from Greenpeace Foundation; Coordinate the legal work among Greenpeace East Asia Regional offices and support regional legal work concerning the laws and regulations; draft (non-complex) correspondence with third parties; maintain the internal website and campaign legal toolkit site in order to provide consistent and accurate legal information to those who need it.
7. Knowledge management: Develop and manage information on all jurisprudence favourable to Greenpeace as well as pro-active litigation conducted by Greenpeace or others; maintain contracts database keep track of (external) legal conferences and training opportunities for relevant Greenpeace Foundation staff.
1. Bachelor degree or above, graduated from law related major.
2. Strong desire to keep learning.
3. Have the basic knowledge on Environmental Law and INGO law.
4. Intermediate English communication skills, especially reading and writing.
5. Strong commitment to sustainable development and environmental protection.
1. 1-2 years work experience in Legal sector.
2. Passed bar exam.
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your both Chinese and English resume. Application with motivation letter is preferred.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.