(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Summary of Duties
We are currently hiring a Communication and Growth Manager who will be responsible for strategic positioning of Mindworks inside and outside of Greenpace by (i) helping us map and understand and connect our partners and audiences (ii) communicating our insights, tools and services (iii) and ensuring growth of the organisation through major donor fundraising.
This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with the Mindworks leadership team, researchers, product developers and freelancers and will report directly to the Co-leadership of Mindworks.
1. Planning, design, and execution of communication strategies. Planning and executing initiatives to reach new target audiences (both within Greenpeace and external) through online media including news articles, podcasts, social media and forums.
2. Maintain Mindworks communication with partners and interested parties. Including generating content for our various online platforms, publishing a regular online newsletter, maintaining networks with interested media
3. Designing and implementing a fundraising strategy, including identifying potential funders and funding opportunities, preparing grant proposals, networking with fundraising organizations. Ensure targeted funding income for the sustenance and growth of Mindworks
4. Lead freelancers that bring the skills required to support the Communication and Growth manager. Maintain networking with a team of freelancers. Design contracts and manage freelancers to ensure that deliverables are achieved.
5. Provide inputs & expertise to the Mindworks team in design and development of new products and tools, based on a strong understanding of Mindworks' target audience. Participate in the development of goals, KPIs and overall strategies of Mindworks.
6. Other duties as per the requirements of the team.
Skill and expertise required:
1. Strong and diverse practical experience in online communication
2. Practical experience in facilitating and managing grants
3. Strong if possible native English skills
4. Experience to work in remote teams
5. Experience in developing and leading the implementation of communication strategies
The post holder will be able to work from home or in a standard office environment. While we are trying to minimize travel to reduce carbon emissions, ‘they’ might be required to travel to support partners in other parts of the world. The place of living should preferably be in Taipei, Seoul, Beijing or Hong Kong.
We prefer candidates who:
1. Have a passion for behavioural / social / neuro sciences striving to understand why humans are the way they are
2. Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably Mandarin or one other main Asian Language.
3. Have strong communication, management and networking skills
4. Enjoys working in a remote team and is able to take and provide critical feedback
5. Are native in working with digital tools and platforms.
6. Identify with the mission of Mindworks
7. Have the passion and creativity to drive innovation. Resilient and sees opportunities in uncertainty and crisis. Optimistic but not naive with a good sense of humour. Strive when working in an agile environment (experience in scrum or kanban if possible),
8. Are able to work on tight deadlines, and is flexible to manage unsocial working hours due to time zone differences.
9. Understand societies and their culture in the ‘Global South’ specifically in Asian
What we offer:
1. A small International team (Mindworks) based in but not constrained by a large global organisation (Greenpeace)
2. A chance to support changemakers inside and outside of Greenpeace around the world, but specifically in the ‘Global South’.
3. An opportunity to create exciting human-centered products and projects for solving global challenges
4. An opportunity to translate cognitive science into innovative practical solutions to change mindsets and behaviour.