Policy, Advocacy and Communication Interns
Vital Strategies, based in New York City, is an international public health organization. We develop and oversee programs to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities. Our specific programs include road safety, obesity prevention, tobacco control, and activities to strengthen public health data systems and the use of public health data to guide policy and decision-making. Activities are based in low and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies is seeking a total of five interns to support our various initiatives within the Policy, Advocacy and Communication division. Interns will assist the team with media and public relations, research, writing, maintaining our website, and increasing our digital footprint. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, and are always eager to add people with different skill sets and backgrounds to our team. Our culture invites curiosity, innovation and good humor as we support numerous programs and initiatives within the organization, including heart disease prevention, tobacco and obesity control, environmental health, epidemic control, maternal health and road safety. Interns will work in Beijing.
The successful candidate will support data collection, reconciliation, analysis, reporting, writing and administration related to the initiatives of the Policy, Advocacy and Communication team.
Qualifications and skill set:
• Interest in international public health, noncommunicable disease, tobacco control, policy communications or behavior and social-norm change
• Ability to work independently and multi-task while coordinating with multiple stakeholders • Strong organizational skills, with close attention to detail
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, proficiency in desk research
• Knowledge of Social Media
• Understanding of evidence-based communication for behavior change
• Experience in survey design and execution
• Proficiency in a second language desired, especially Arabic, Spanish or French
• Familiarity with social media platforms and experiences in new media operation are preferred
Monthly stipend available.
3 months (with possibility of extension).
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com Tell us why you want to explore Vital Strategies. Which specific program/s interest you most, and why? Your cover letter will ideally reflect how your background, skills and experience dovetail with our mission, our international footprint, and our multi-cultural fluency. Show us who you are, and why you would be a great addition to our team. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.