Title: Priority Project Coordinator,Textile Going Green
Reports to: Chief Programme Officer
Location: Beijing (Shanghai)
The coordinator will be responsible to manage the current growing Textile Going Green project, to help China and global textile sector’s green transformation faster and deeper.
Through successful projects management and expansion, the coordinator is expected to maximum the impact of Textile Going Green project and contribute to deliver both short-term and long-term project’s goal.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage existing projects in the textile sector through sensible management of project timeline, team and financial resources. Responsibilities including…
1. Oversee the annual work plan development by programme team members, making sure current donors are aligned at highest level;
2. Develop the budget plans for textile projects and act as the budget holder to ensure the financial resources are spent most efficiently;
3. Manage a team of implementation staff including programme team members and external consultants for projects delivery;
4. Monitor and control the projects implementation progress and conduct adaptive management when necessary;
5. Oversee project reporting by the programme team members, ensuring project achievements and impacts are reported in an accurate and clear manner;
6. Oversee the internal project communications and coordinate communications colleague for external communications;
7. Manage relationships with key stakeholders such as donors, strategic partners etc.;
8. Lead funding raising development to enhance the project impact.
Programme expansion to other sectors (20%time)
· As the supervisor of the implementation staff;
· As the supervisor of project consultants when appropriate;
· Under supervision of Chief Programme Officer;
· Work closely with other projects leads, as well as WWF network shareholders;
· Work in collaboration with other teams within and outside textile when necessary.
·Serve as the focal point for project partnership including but not limited textile partners;
·As the main responsible for partnership development with stakeholders in and beyond textile sector, including but not limited to corporates, industrial associations, academic institutions, and NGOs.
· Master degree or above in a relevant discipline, for instance, Environmental Science and Policy, Sustainability, Communications, etc.;
· Above 6 years working experience relevant to business sustainability, water conservation, CSR etc., with background in private sector is preferred;
· Competent knowledge of inter-discipline topics such as sector transformation, corporate sustainability strategy, non-profits project management;
· Knowledge of textile, other industry sectors will be an asset;
· Strong leadership skills and proven team management experience;
· Brilliant communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese, ability to effectively communicate to different types of stakeholders;
· Ability to work under pressure and prioritize various tasks with different deadlines;
· Passionate, and committed to nature conservation.
· Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
· Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Courage
WWF-China is developing this project to realize a green, circular and sustainable development of textile industry addressing the increasingly pressing needs on transformation of textile enterprises and taking advantage of strong supports from Chinese governments.
Transformation and upgrading of textile industry shall engage multi-party endeavors and multi-level changes: on one hand, its complex value chain involves many participants and stakeholders including governments, manufacturers, brands, retailers, financing institutions, research institutes, NGOs and the media; on the other hand, the wide scope of textile production and utilization requires a joint-effort by multi-dimensional changes involving manufacturing management, environmental policy, industrial technology, coordination mechanism in order to realize an environmentally friendly and sustainable development.
By concentrating and improving the manufacturing management, the project will drive manufacturers to actively engage in identifying challenges, tracking and assessing problems, and acquiring solutions in their complete industrial chain process and eventually promote the green and sustainable development.
Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com.
Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.