Job Title: Program Associate, China Environmental Management Program (CEMP)
Location: Beijing, China
Reports To: Program Director, China Environmental Management Program (CEMP)
The China Environmental Management Program (hereinafter “CEMP”) aims to achieve win-win outcomes for clean air, clean water, and safe climate by developing national and local air and water policies that encourage sustainable energy solutions.
To reach this overarching goal, the CEMP will:
1、Support co-management on air quality, human health and climate change;
2、Support air pollution prevention and control national policy development;
3、Support local air quality management (at regional, provincial, and city levels);
4、Support air pollution reduction in key sectors and priority areas;
5、Support more effective environmental enforcement and compliance;
6、Support multi-stakeholder participation in air quality improvement, including business, NGOs, media, and the public; and
7、Support sustainable water resources policies and practices pertinent to sustainable energy development.
The Program Associate (PA) is responsible for supporting Program Director (PD) and Program Officers (PO) on strategy development, funder relations, grants administration, events organization and logistics support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy Cycle and Fundraising Support
· Support PD in strategy cycles including strategy formulation and review, logic models updates, and budget setting by conducting basic research and providing input based on frequent communications with grantees;
· Help draft funder’s proposals and prepare reports to update funders on progress of related grants and projects;
· Support the related research as requested by team;
· Organize and arrange site visits for the funders to demonstrate the accomplishment of the program in the field.
Grants and Projects Management
· Administrate the grant-making process in the EF China’s grants management system, drafting IERF and filling in necessary information to initiate the project application, monitoring and following up in the grant period, and drafting evaluation to close the grant in a timely manner;
· Collect and carry out due diligence on the grants related materials, including grant proposals, budget proposals, mid-term and end-term narrative and financial reports, the technical reports, and etc., and upload the materials to the EF China’s grants management system timely;
· Support team to monitor the project progress, help organize and attend meetings at various stages of the project and follow through to ensure desirable deliverables and outcomes;
· Monitor the payment for granted projects, help grantees to resolve payment related issues;
· Track and keep record of the program budget, follow through spending plan and provide timely reminders to team, and reconcile the program budget internally and with SF Office;
· Support grant auditing and work with grantees to assure full compliance with EF China policies and regulations both in China and in the US;
· Organize and manage Foundation-Initiated Projects (FIPs), including consulting contracts, meetings/workshops, study tours and reports/publications. Set up FIPs, collect and review FIP reimbursement materials and ensure that necessary reimbursement materials are complete and correct. Ensure that FIP administration and reimbursement follow EF China procedures and is handled in a timely manner;
· Organize and coordinate all kinds of meetings/workshops, consultant visits, study tours and funder trips, including issuing invitation letters, arranging accommodation and transportation, scheduling meetings, assembling meeting materials, arranging or providing translation services, taking notes and developing meeting summaries, and etc.
Collaboration and Partnership
· Proactively work with other colleagues in collaborative projects;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with other colleagues and/or partners under team’s guidance to increase support and demonstrate shared purpose;
· Maintain the list of partners for the program, assist in inviting international and domestic experts to support EF China’s stakeholders.
· Assist to draft reporting materials, such as annual report and work plan to the regulators, and docket narrative and logic model to the board;
· Work closely with other colleagues to support the office-wide events as required by the office;
· Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa as required;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by PD;
· Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Education: Bachelor’s degree and above, preferably in a related field including environmental sciences and engineering, environmental economics, public policies, energy, climate change and economics. Deep interests in climate change and energy.
· Working experience: Two-year and above working experiences as a plus. Employment experiences in air quality, environment and health, energy and climate change are strongly preferred.
· English level: ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Project management skills: ability to manage projects according to a set of procedures and rules, follow the necessary steps rigorously, with the good understanding of the purpose, scope and timeline of the projects.
· Problem solving skills: ability to use logics to solve simple problems independently, and demonstrate potential to solve complicated problems.
· Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
The Energy Foundation China provides a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary and generous vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume (Chinese & English), subject line "Application for CEMP PA", to email@example.com.