Job Title: Program Associate, Strategic Communicaions
Location: Beijing, China
Reports To: Program Director, Strategic Communications
STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS INTRODUCTION
The Strategic Communications Program aims to influence how sustainable energy and energy efficiency are narrated and perceived among key stakeholders in China, and help create a social environment that supports more ambitious energy policy and practices.
Under supervision from Program Director (PD), the Program Associate (PA) will support the Strategic Communications Program to perform corporate communication and strategic communication tasks. The ideal candidate has excellent oral and written communications skills in Chinese and English, and proven proficiency to write and edit communications content. S/he is logical, creative and has an eye for detail, and is able to work under deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
For corporate communications, S/he is responsible for:
· Manage the development of EFC quarterly newsletters and other newsletters as needed;
· ssist in developing, editing and distributing EFC brochure, factsheets, PPTs, introductions and other materials, e.g., videos, photos, and etc;
· Support the development of communications templates and branding materials as needed, handle brand check;
· Support the editorial work of EFC WeChat account;
· Assist in improving and maintaining EFC website;
· Help organize media interviews and events if needed;
· Assist in organizing staff training on communications;
· Maintain database of communications materials;
· Provide communications support to office-level big events.
For strategic communications, S/he has responsibilities in the following areas:
Strategy Cycle and Fundraising Support
· Assist in strategy cycles including strategy formulation and review, logic models updates, and budget setting by conducting basic research and providing input based on frequent communications with grantees;
· Help draft funder’s proposals and prepare reports to update funders on progress of related grants and projects;
· Support the related research as requested by funders;
· Organize and arrange site visits for the funders to demonstrate the accomplishment of the program in the field.
Grants and Projects Management
· Administrate the grant-making process in the EFC’s grants management system, drafting IERF and filling in necessary information to initiate the project application, monitoring and following up in the grant period, and drafting evaluation to close the grant in a timely manner;
· Collect and carry out due diligence on the grants related materials, including grant proposals, budget proposals, mid-term and end-term narrative and financial reports, the technical reports, and etc., and upload the materials to the EFC’s grants management system timely;
· Support the team to monitor the project progress, help organize and attend meetings at various stages of the project and follow through to ensure desirable deliverables and outcomes;
· Monitor the payment for granted projects, help grantees to resolve payment related issues;
· Track and keep record of the program budget, follow through spending plan and provide timely reminders to the team, and reconcile the program budget internally and with SF Office;
· Support grant auditing and work with grantees to assure full compliance with EFC policies and regulations both in China and in the US;
· Organize and manage Foundation-Initiated Projects (FIPs), including consulting contracts, meetings/workshops, study tours and reports/publications. Set up FIPs, collect and review FIP reimbursement materials and ensure that necessary reimbursement materials are complete and correct. Ensure that FIP administration and reimbursement follow EF China procedures and is handled in a timely manner;
· Organize and coordinate all kinds of meetings/workshops, consultant visits, study tours and funder trips, including issuing invitation letters, arranging accommodation and transportation, scheduling meetings, assembling meeting materials, arranging or providing translation services, taking notes and developing meeting summaries, and etc.
Collaboration and Partnership
· Proactively work with other colleagues in collaborative projects;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with other colleagues and/or partners under PD’s guidance to increase support and demonstrate shared purpose;
· Maintain the list of partners for the program, assist in inviting international and domestic experts to support EFC’s stakeholders.
· Assist the team to draft reporting materials, such as annual report and work plan to the regulators, and docket narrative and logic model to the board;
· Work closely with other colleagues to support the office-wide events as required;
· Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by PD;
· Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Education: bachelor’s degree and above, major in communications, journalism, marketing or public administration.
· Working experience: experience in communications, journalism, event organizing and project management preferred; above two years of working experience as a plus.
· Language: Chinese native speaker; excellent command of spoken and written English.
· Project management skills: ability to manage projects according to a set of procedures and rules, follow the necessary steps rigorously, with the good understanding of the purpose, scope and timeline of the projects.
· Problem solving skills: ability to solve problems logically and independently.
· Communications: excellent communication skills. A good writer, speaker and listener.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
The Energy Foundation China provides a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary and generous vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume (Chinese & English), subject line "Application for PA of Strategic Communications", to firstname.lastname@example.org.