The Program Associate (PA) provides supports to Vice President, Program (VPP) on grants and projects management, fundraising and research, especially for projects directly led by VPP (e.g. coal-free actions). In addition, he/she will also provide executive supports to VPP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Grants and Projects Management
· Administrate the grant-making process in the EF China’s grants management system, drafting IERF and filling in necessary information to initiate the project application, monitoring and following up in the grant period, and drafting evaluation to close the grant in a timely manner;
· Collect and carry out due diligence on the grants related materials, including grant proposals, budget proposals, mid-term and end-term narrative and financial reports, the technical reports, and etc., and upload the materials to the EF China’s grants management system timely;
· Support VPP to monitor the project progress, help organize and attend meetings at various stages of the project and follow through to ensure desirable deliverables and outcomes;
· Monitor the payment for granted projects, help grantees to resolve payment related issues;
· Track and keep record of the program budget, follow through spending plan and provide timely reminders to VPP, and reconcile the program budget internally and with SF Office;
· Support grant auditing and work with grantees to assure full compliance with EF China policies and regulations both in China and in the US;
· Organize and manage Foundation-Initiated Projects (FIPs), including consulting contracts, meetings/workshops, study tours and reports/publications. Set up FIPs, collect and review FIP reimbursement materials and ensure that necessary reimbursement materials are complete and correct. Ensure that FIP administration and reimbursement follow EF China procedures and is handled in a timely manner;
· Organize and coordinate all kinds of meetings/workshops, consultant visits, study tours and funder trips, including issuing invitation letters, arranging accommodation and transportation, scheduling meetings, assembling meeting materials, arranging or providing translation services, taking notes and developing meeting summaries, and etc.
Fundraising and Research Supports
· Help draft funder’s proposals and prepare reports to update funders on progress of related grants and projects;
· Organize and arrange site visits for the funders to demonstrate the accomplishment of the initiative in the field;
· Support the related research as requested by VPP.
Collaboration and Partnership
· Proactively work with other colleagues in collaborative projects;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with other colleagues and/or partners under VPP’s guidance to increase support and demonstrate shared purpose;
· Maintain the list of partners, assist in inviting international and domestic experts to support EF China’s stakeholders.
· Coordinate with staff and/or external partners to manage an active calendar for VPP and prepare logistic arrangements and follow up as needed;
· Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and accommodations, ensuring all travel related logistics are well covered for VPP;
· Assist VPP to write correspondence, draft and compile documents for internal and external meetings, e.g., prepare meeting requests to government officials following the required procedure.
· Assist to draft reporting materials, such as annual report and work plan to the regulators, and docket narrative to the board;
· Work closely with other colleagues to support the office-wide events as required;
· Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa as required;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by VPP;
· Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Education: bachelor’s degree and above, preferably in a related field: environments, energy, economics and climate change and etc.; Deep interests in climate change and energy.
· Working experience: minimum two years of related working experience; experiences in environment, energy, climate change and project management are strongly preferred.
· English level: ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Project management skills: ability to manage projects according to a set of procedures and rules, follow the necessary steps rigorously, with the good understanding of the purpose, scope and timeline of the projects.
· Problem solving skills: ability to use logics to solve simple problems independently, and demonstrate potential to solve complicated problems.
· Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
The Energy Foundation China provides a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary and generous vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume (Chinese & English), subject line "Application for PA", to firstname.lastname@example.org.