The position holder manages the day-to-day operations of Beijing Raptor Rescue Center (BRRC) as well as BRRC's rehabilitation and education programs at this location. The position leads the BRRC team to implement rescue and rehabilitation work in accordance with IFAW and BRRC standards. In addition, the position leads BRRC in providing capacity building support to other raptor rescue professionals in China and serving as a public education centre to promote wildlife conservation animal welfare.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of BRRC's rescue and rehabilitation program, monitoring projects and budgets, and ensure that BRRC's operation is in an effective manner in consistent with IFAW's mission and policies.
- Responsible for ensuring BRRC's rescue and rehabilitation standards and practices are adhered to IFAW policy and top level animal welfare standard.
- Work closely program manager in management of all BRRC staff. Provides support and guidance, monitors performance, builds team spirit and provides a communication bridge between IFAW China's Senior Management Team and BRRC staff.
- Work closely with compliance manager and program manager in maintaining good strategic and collaborative partnerships with Beijing Normal University, relevant government agencies, scientific research bodies, other rescue facilities and ect.
- Work closely with program manager in developing and adaptively adjusting BRRC's strategy to make sure BRRC fully and well function as a rescue center, a training school for other raptor rescue professionals as well as an education centre for the general public on wildlife conservation and animal welfare.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationship with other domestic and international rescue centres and professionals to ensure BRRC functions as an effective and efficient capacity building hub to improve raptor rescue in China.
- Works with IFAW China program manager and communications manager to ensure the effective management and development of BRRC's education program.
- Work closely with program manager and communications manager in developing communications materials of BRRC to support communications and fund-raising effort. Ensures animal stories, photos and rescue activities are shared with the communications team in a timely manner.
- Serve as public face of the BRRC to the public and/or media, clearly articulating IFAW and BRRC's mission, programs and impact to increase visibility of BRRC and enhance IFAW and BRRC's reputation and standing.
- Performs other duties and functions as requested by IFAW.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Proven record of leadership and management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, setting priorities, delegating, meeting deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work with a variety of staff, partners, specialists and volunteers.
- Energetic, willingness to work hands-on in executing BRRC's strategies, initiatives and programs.
- Minimum of 5-years' experience with wildlife rescue and rehabilitation.