The Program Officer (PO) is responsible for supporting the Program Director (PD) to identify strategies and manage a grants portfolio to achieve the program’s goals. This person will support the PD to manage budget and grants, represent the program internally and externally, interface with individual grantees and supervise Program Associate (PA) when applicable. The PO will work with the program team that will include PD and PA; and collaborates with other program teams. Program Officer’s responsibilities are categorized as: Strategy Cycle, Fundraising, Grants and Projects Management, Collaborations, Partnership and General Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under PD’s supervision, the PO will support PD on strategy development and fundraising, and manage grants, projects, or specific initiatives within the program. His/her responsibilities include:
· Support PD to develop program strategies that are in alignment with EF China vision, and refresh the strategies according to the field trend. If applicable, taking ownership of the assigned topics, follow through and deliver the satisfactory end-product;
· Develop and update logic models annually with PD to guide program strategies implementation in response to the field dynamics;
· Work with PD to propose program budget in line with program strategies;
· Continuously seek opportunities to expand knowledge and experience in building domain expertise to ensure the thought leadership in the assigned areas.
· Advise and support PD to cultivate new funders and resources and engage existing funders in a collaborative way;
· Support PD in developing, reviewing and coordinating the submission of proposals and reports in coordination with SF office;
· Work with PD to report and update funders on progress of related grants and projects and actively seek feedback and engagement, proactively communicate changes in strategic direction or changes in agreed upon goals and objectives;
· Assist PD to prepare funder engagement materials such as newsletters, policy analysis, partner updates and invitations to conferences/workshops and study tours.
Grants and Projects Management
· Assist PD to manage budget, and to develop an attainable spending plan that supports the implementation of program strategy;
· Work with PD to identify and select grantees/partners, design project plans with grantees/partners to assure project goals and deliverables are in line with program goals and strategies;
· Oversee grant making process for the assigned grants, review grants applications, and approve grants in EF China’s grants management system timely;
· Monitor project progress with support from Program Associates, provide on-going support to grantees to ensure desirable deliverables and outcomes;
· Provide timely updates to PD on the assigned grants and projects;
· Conduct grant-level evaluations for the assigned grants annually and make adjustments accordingly to improve project effectiveness and efficiency;
· Support grant auditing and assure full compliance with EFC policies and regulations both in China and in the US.
· Proactively identify opportunities for initiative or project level collaboration, and work closely with related program staff to deliver the impact;
· Work closely with Communications team to effectively communicate the program or initiatives/projects related messages to various stakeholders;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with other colleagues.
· Identify and cultivate valuable partners, including grantees, policy makers, opinion leaders, funding partners, commercial partners and other experts or leaders in the field;
· Build and maintain trust and relationships with partners for better collaboration;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with partners to increase support and demonstrate shared purpose;
· Provide thought leadership in some areas and/or provide support to partners in the field with the shared purpose of growing the field.
· If applicable, provide managerial supervision and demonstrate leadership on talent selection, on-the-job coaching, training, professional development and performance management to team members;
· Help PD to foster team spirit and a learning atmosphere within the team;
· Assist PD to prepare reporting materials, such as the program updates, reports and work plan to the board and regulators;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by PD;
· Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Education: Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field: energy policies and strategies, energy efficiency, climate change, environmental sciences and engineering, material sciences, public policies.
· Workingexperience: Minimum 8-year experience in energy policies and strategies, energy efficiency, climate change preferred.
· Languagelevel: Chinese native speaker; excellent command of spoken and written English.
· Communication: ability to communicate logically and articulate key messages/points with clear structure and fact-based supporting arguments, listen actively to audience’s purpose, and communicate effectively in public; ability to manage in a matrix reporting structure with multiple stakeholders and effectively coordinate activities across organizational boundaries.
· Projectmanagement: ability to propose project direction, lay out project plan with milestones, timelines and tracking mechanisms, and to accomplish the project on time and in good quality.
· Problem solving: ability to define and prioritize the key issues when facing complex situations, make analysis with logical reasoning, propose possible solutions and resolve some complicated issues independently.
· Networking: ability to initiate partnership, cultivate networks and deepen the relationships with key stakeholders to effectively leverage resources.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative –Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions, which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line "Application for CIP PO", to email@example.com.