Project Manager: China Cities Programme
- Experience:5 years
- Job or Application Website
The ambition of the Foundation's work in China is threefold: to broaden the scope, the understanding and the adoption of the circular economy, with a view to enable better forms of economic growth. Our strategy revolves around four building blocks that have been at the core of the Foundation’s strategy, placing emphasis on high-level relationships, local demonstrators, and building capacity through communications, learning, insights and analysis.
● Engage, exchange – Information exchange to bridge best practices between China and international examples; translate and tailor circular economy research findings to different audience groups in China; make China-specific and international insights available in both Chinese and English; open-access; an online repository.
● Mobilise along value chains. Mobilise stakeholders around selected material streams and value chains, such as plastics, fashion and food.
● Convene, shape pilots and implement in cities. Use cities as a focal point to build multi-stakeholder coalitions and conduct city pilots covering the whole process from strategy development, financing, dialogue mechanisms, implementation process, to measurement, and turning lessons learnt into shareable knowledge assets.
● Equip – Businesses, students and citizens. Develop educational initiatives to complement our work and embed systems thinking. Focus on engaging the design community, businesses, schools and academia to impact strategies of today’s and future decision-makers.
You will lead the creation and delivery of showcase projects for circular economy at the city level in China by:
Desired starting date: As soon as possible
Salary package: Competitive within the charity sector an dependent on experience
Location: Beijing, China
Closing date: 27th November 2020