Job Title: Research Associate, Strategy and Planning
Location: Beijing, CN
Reports To: Director, Strategy and Planning
The Research Associate, Strategy and Planning is to provide support to Strategy and Planning team, including research, data management, and other general management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct basic desktop research and literature reviews.
· Draft knowledge products and produce reports, presentations highlighting findings.
· Responsible to assist documentation preparation and checking for research purpose.
· Perform data collection, verification, visualization, and analysis, both qualitative and quantitative.
· Coordinate with EF China’s programs, grantees and related institutes, to collect data.
· Maintain the database and platform with regular updates and reviews.
· Assist to manage vendors, including vendor seeking, screening, and selections, handling contract and payment, etc.
· Provide logistics supports to team members to organize meetings and events.
· Help Director, Strategy and Planning coordinate for budgeting process, when needed.
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Director, Strategy and Planning.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Education: Master’s degree or above, preferably in a related field: economics, environment, energy, climate change, data engineering etc.
· Working experience: about two years of related working experience; experiences in climate, environment and energy related research is strongly preferred.
· Research skills: strong analysis, proficient with data analysis and tools.
· English level: ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Problem solving skills: ability to use logics to solve simple problems independently, and demonstrate potential to solve complicated problems.
· Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line "Application for Research Associate, Strategy and Planning", to firstname.lastname@example.org.