Job Title: Research Officer (I), Strategy and Planning
Location: Beijing, CN
Reports To: Director, Strategy and Planning
The Research Officer (I), Strategy and Planning is responsible for supporting Director, Strategy and Planning on strategy development and budget allocation, thematic knowledge synthesizing and strategic advising.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy Development and Budget Allocation
· Support Director, Strategy and Planning to develop organizational strategies that are in alignment with EFC’s vision/mission and provide strategic inputs to taskforce and program strategies;
· Proactively identify and incubate opportunities for new concepts, provide supports to develop proposal and concept note for fundraising purpose;
· Assist Director, Strategy and Planning to manage and coordinate annual program/taskforce budget allocation.
· Respond to requests for research support from executive leadership in a thoughtful and rapid manner;
· Communicate the insights and recommendations at all kinds of meetings.
Analysis, Synthesizing and Strategic Advising
· Conduct comprehensive thematic knowledge synthesizing, and work with grantees and/or consultants to develop EFC’s series synthesis reports, and/or other deliverables;
· Work with internal and external teams to develop rigorous and critical analysis that helps envision a rapid and radical transition to a zero carbon future, and present quantitative information in a clear, visual format;
· Compose policy briefs, notes and recommendations to provide strategic advices to decision makers;
· Work together with grantees and/or consultants to generate high quality reports, including providing research direction, storyline and outline;
· Organize internal/external policy dialogues, and other dissemination activities to enlarge the influence of the synthesis products;
· Share knowledge, key findings and insights with other colleagues.
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Director, Strategy and Planning.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Education: Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field: statistics, mathematics, data engineering, and economics.
· Working experience: about 5-8 years of related working and/or research experiences. Experiences in data mining and analysis, modeling, and linking researches with strategies and policy discussions preferred.
· Strategic thinking: visionary, ability to understand the field landscape and is able to anticipate the future scenarios with big-picture thinking.
· English level: ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Problem solving skills: ability to use logics to solve simple problems independently, and demonstrate potential to solve complicated problems.
· Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line "Application for Research Officer (I), Strategy and Planning", to email@example.com.