Job Title: Research Officer (II), Strategy and Planning
Location: Beijing, CN
Reports To: Director, Strategy and Planning
The Research Officer (II), Strategy and Planning will support Director of Strategy and Planning to establish and maintain a data and information platform, and conduct research by comprehensive data mining, modelling and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data and Information Platform Management
· Work with Director of Strategy and Planning to establish and maintain EFC’s data and information platform with regular updates and reviews;
· Manage data and information platform vendors, including vendor seeking, screening, and selections, etc;
· Support to develop the protocol for data collections and sharing;
· Collect data from EF China’s programs, grantees and related institutes;
Data Mining, Modelling and Analysis
· Work with Director of Strategy and Planning to develop and update energy-climate system modelling tools;
· Conduct comprehensive data mining and analysis, and synthesize key findings and insights to support strategy development.
· Conduct desktop research related to optimization of energy system, mitigation of GHGs emissions, and integration of emerging technologies/social economic impacts, with a systematic, interdisciplinary research approach and analytical skills;
· Write high-quality research reports, strategic papers, and policy briefs;
· Develop writeup of audience specific knowledge products.
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Director, Strategy and Planning.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Education: Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field: statistics, mathematics, data engineering, and economics.
· Working experience: about 5-8 years of related working and/or research experiences. Experiences in data mining and analysis, modeling, and linking researches with strategies and policy discussions preferred.
· Research skills: strong analysis skills, proficient with data analytics and statistical tools (like Python, R). Experience with energy-climate system analysis, integrated assessment modelling and energy system modeling will be a plus.
· English level: ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Problem solving skills: ability to define and prioritize the key issues when facing complex situations, make analysis with logical reasoning, propose possible solutions and resolve some complicated issues independently.
· Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line "Application for Research Officer (II), Strategy and Planning", to email@example.com.