Reports to: Climate & Energy and Green Finance Practice Head
• Responsible for the strategy development and successful implementation of regional energy transition and low carbon city work, including but not limited to conducting research, organizing workshops and field trips, stakeholder engagement etc.
• Support the development of funding opportunities for WWF China regional energy transition and low carbon city work as part of a wider climate change fundraising programme.
• Work with WWF China Head of Climate Change and Energy Practice to build relationships with environmental and development NGOs, Government Departments, the scientific institution and colleagues within the WWF Network, to develop and share latest thinking on related work.
• Work with WWF China and WWF network colleagues to support cross-department collaboration and international cooperation.
• Other tasks allocated by C&E Practice Head.
• Minimum of 5 years’ work experience of working on climate and energy, or related environment and/or development issues, either in an NGO or the public or private sector.
• Undergraduate degree (master’s degree preferred) in related area.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
• Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills.
• A broad understanding of the various aspects of low carbon city, business engagement, and policy.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and team work skills including ability to internal communication, open mind strategic think, self-motivated and innovative and meet deadlines
• Good current understanding of principles of related program.
• Proactive, innovative and output-oriented • personality.Adhere to WWF’s values.
This is for Climate & Energy program under WWF Climate & Energy and Green Finance practice. Climate & Energy senior officer needs work closely with team members, and to frequently contact with head of Climate and Energy and Green Finance Practice. Frequent interaction with colleagues from other divisions, Practices, and WWF Network is also needed.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter