As part of the Ocean team, the Senior Program Officer will focus on development of sustainable fisheries projects on Chinese vessels in distant water and domestic water as well as the engagement work, to address marine habitat and food security conditions. This person will also support piloting of sustainable and traceable seafood supply chains. The person will jointly contribute to ensure the coherence and synergy of the Ocean Program as well as to support the mission of WWF China and the Network.
• Plan, coordinate, and organize relevant project expert meetings to carry out research projects, and support policy advocacy work on both distant water fishery and domestic fishery;
• Lead the development and stakeholder engagement on fishery improvement project and traceability pilots;
• Organize capacity building and study tours with key stakeholders including government officials and fishermen representatives;
• Ensure good management and implementation of projects, including timely preparation and delivery of programme documentations, including activity reports
• Conduct desktop research, stakeholder mapping, data collection and development of project strategy;
• Support the engagement with WWF network, external experts; as well as media and public on relevant campaign and communications activities
• Perform other tasks as requested by the Ocean program manager.
For over 50 years WWF has been a leading voice for nature. We are the world’s largest conservation organization, working in 100 countries and with over 5 million supporters. We work with governments, businesses and communities on environmental issues with a single mission: to build a world where people live and prosper in harmony with nature.
WWF’s ocean protection goal is a thriving ocean, which supports rich biodiversity and provides food and sustainable jobs. Globally, WWF’s ocean work covers five areas: a global plastics-free oceans partnership; sustainable fisheries for healthy oceans and human welfare; working with coastal communities for the ocean’s future; resilient coastal environments; and developing a sustainable marine economy. Our 2030 targets are: 1) protection and management of at least 30% of coastal and marine ecosystems; 2) a doubling in the size of the sustainable fishing sector.
Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com.
Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.